News:

--

Main Menu

Multiple Markers???

Started by gsincs2007, June 01, 2020, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsincs2007

Hello,

New to the forumn and I dont know if this topic has been asked about.

I would like to be able to add multiple markers to a single video and append from there.

Currently as I know it your only ability is to be able to set one marker.

Set>save it>set>save it. Rinse and repeat. Then go to those save files combine them all, and save as one file. 

Would love to be able to set marker>set another marker>set another marker>save as one file. This would save the time of having to grab all the saved markers to append to one file.

This may already be a feature and I am unaware. If not I hope I'm posting on the correct board so my message is heard.

Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: gsincs2007 on June 01, 2020, 08:56:25 PM
I would like to be able to add multiple markers to a single video and append from there.

Avidemux supports only a single selection.

QuoteCurrently as I know it your only ability is to be able to set one marker.

There are always two of them: the start and the end of the selection.

QuoteSet>save it>set>save it. Rinse and repeat. Then go to those save files combine them all, and save as one file.

This is utterly inefficient and completely unnecessary. Avidemux supports all basic editing operations – copy, paste and delete (cut is copy + delete in one step) – as well as up to 50 undo steps. In your use case, there should be just a single one save operation at the very end of editing.

There is no compelling reason to have support for multiple selections as the same final result can be achieved with a single selection with only very moderate additional effort.

gsincs2007

ok...i did't think about cutting what I didn't want. Been going about it the wrong way.