News:

--

Main Menu

v2.7 fails to open

Started by newsmedia, July 22, 2020, 08:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsmedia

Hi

IU have been using Avidemux for several years.
Yesterday I updated to the latest version you have released, 2.7.6

On two 64 bit systems, no problem.

However, on one 64 bit pc, the program flashes open then closes every time I try to run it.
I have uninstalled, re-installed twice - no difference.

I have had to install a 32 bit version on that PC for it to work.

Anyone else experiencing this ???

Rgds

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: newsmedia on July 22, 2020, 08:31:39 PM
on one 64 bit pc, the program flashes open then closes every time I try to run it.
I have uninstalled, re-installed twice - no difference.

Assuming, you have verified that the installer checksum matches the one published by Fosshub, the first thing to try would have been to rename the "avidemux" directory in %appdata% thus resetting the configuration (re-installing the application doesn't touch the configuration).

If this doesn't help, please try to launch it once more, then attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply.

QuoteI have had to install a 32 bit version on that PC for it to work.

Do the 64bit MinGW versions work? The files with "2.7.6" in the name match the release, 2.7.7 are more recent, contain a few fixes more while the latest one has got an updated FFmpeg.

newsmedia

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on July 22, 2020, 09:12:02 PM

Assuming, you have verified that the installer checksum matches the one published by Fosshub, the first thing to try would have been to rename the "avidemux" directory in %appdata% thus resetting the configuration (re-installing the application doesn't touch the configuration).

If this doesn't help, please try to launch it once more, then attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply.

Thanks for your prompt response. I deleted the appdata folders and then re-installed the new version successfully.
Many thanks for your help.
Rgds
Keith

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: newsmedia on July 22, 2020, 09:46:51 PM
I deleted the appdata folders

That's a pity, now it is impossible to investigate what was the cause of the startup crash. I wrote "rename" instead of "delete" not without a purpose...

But glad that the problem was sorted out for you.

Regards
eum.