News:

--

Main Menu

MPEG-2 Video inside MP4 container

Started by CryGuy, September 06, 2020, 01:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CryGuy

Hi,

the combination in the title is not supported in the latest stable (from July). Black picture, frame type unrecognized, key frame navigation not possible, etc. Players (VLC, MPC-HC) support this combination. From subscribing to the github RSS feed, I see you are very busy, but I wasn't sure if anything has changed in this regard. So I've just downloaded the latest nightly (avidemux_r200903_win64Qt5_34).
A while ago, I've started remuxing my TV recordings (MPEG-2 video inside MPEG-TS) to MP4 before watching because of two reasons. One is that it displayed the best navigation behavior compared to the MPEG-PS or MKV container. However, before processing it with Avidemux, I have to remux to mkv again every time.

So, I'm curious if you plan to support this.

Thanks anyway

eumagga0x2a

Done: [1] [2] [3] [4].

Please note that Avidemux doesn't like MPEG-2 remuxed by ffmpeg from MPEG-PS to MP4 in copy mode (ffmpeg seems to mess up timestamps).

CryGuy

(This input box is labeld "Quick Reply", but.... I think it isn't one. Sorry for that, but there were other important issues)

Wow! But... but.... I only asked if.....  :)  That was fast. Great! Haven't tried it yet but I will.
Thanks a lot.

(one day when I will have money...)