Avidemux can only load a maximum of 16 seconds! >problem solved<

Started by Lars515, September 27, 2020, 02:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars515

Hello everyone.

I record my screen with OBS. System OSX 10.13.6.
The file is saved as .ts and has a size between 1 - 2.5 GB.
If I then want to load it in Avidemux, then only a maximum of 16 seconds are loaded. The rest is gone. (the same when I save in mkv, mov, mpg4)
Only when the file with "the pineapple and the cocktail" is converted, then it works. (May I say the name of the program here? I am not allowed to name it in Germany.)

No matter which Avidemux version I use.
I tried 2.7.6 / 2.7.4 and 2.7.1 for HIghSierra.

What can I do?

Many thanks for the help! :-)

This text was translated using goggle.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Lars515 on September 27, 2020, 02:14:33 AMThe file is saved as .ts and has a size between 1 - 2.5 GB.
If I then want to load it in Avidemux, then only a maximum of 16 minutes are loaded. The rest is gone. (the same when I save in mkv, mov, mpg4)

First of all, please delete the corresponding *.idx2 file and try the latest 2.7.7 nightly (even if it is not really current): https://avidemux.org/nightly/osx_catalina/

If the problem persists, please provide a sample (smaller is better) via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive as far as the content is innocuous enough.

Quote from: Lars515 on September 27, 2020, 02:14:33 AMOnly when the file with "the pineapple and the cocktail" is converted, then it works. (May I say the name of the program here? I am not allowed to name it in Germany.)

What is wrong with Handbrake??

Quote from: Lars515 on September 27, 2020, 02:14:33 AMThis text was translated using goggle.

If you are more comfortable in German, there is a German language subforum: https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/board,24.0.html

Lars515

Hi.
Thank you so much!

Ok, I tried the nightly. unfortunately the same problem.

By the way, I made a mistake. It's not 16 minutes, but seconds. Only 16 seconds are loaded into the program.
I edited the first post.

OK. thank you, I have not seen that with the German forum. Thanks, I'll try there once.

nevertheless, I'll give a file here to test.
i took a youtubvideo as an example.
I also attach my attitudes to obs.

:-)

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the sample and the screenshot, it is all clear now. There is a single one keyframe at the start of the video and no more keyframes till the end, so that Avidemux reads this very long line in the index file up to the maximum allowed by the allocated buffer – this happens to amount to approx. 16 seconds at 30 fps – and stops. We absolutely cannot support such video.

If "Keyframeintervall" in OBS settings set to 0 for "auto" doesn't take care of inserting keyframes from time to time, you need to set it to a reasonable value (I'd say 10 seconds at most).

Lars515

Hi.

Oh man! Thanks alot!
It works now!

What have I been annoyed all the time and gone around detours?
It was just a little thing.

Thank you thank you thank you!