News:

--

Main Menu

Too Short BUG in AvideMux ????

Started by JohnnySH, November 02, 2020, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnySH

Hello

First of all what a great little video editor, is there anything else like this paid or free ??/

Shame it has bugs and flaws

Ok here is my problem

1) one I rip DVD in lossles quality, save the video and audio folder to harddrive

2) I want to split the DVD in to smaller VOB files

3) So I load the DVD folder in to AVIDEmux, (vob file) It reports I can load more Vobs in the folder... great it loads the complete DVD from start to finish

4) I simply want to set A and B markers and save the video that is selected between the markers

sometimes this works and other times it reports some strange error Too Short ????

If I then re nudge the start or end by a few frames and reset the A/B markers it will work ??

what is going on ??

It's clear there are bugs with the markers and timing when high lighting the video for extraction

is there away round these errors and bugs

any help will be much appreciated, would have liked to use this program, but it is buggy

Thanks in advanced

oh... there is nothing wrong with the DVD rips

eumagga0x2a

Do you run a 64-bit Avidemux build on Windows? If so, please delete all generated *.idx2 files in the VIDEO_TS folder, install the latest build of Avidemux (you have the choice between builds compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows and those cross-compiled for Windows with MinGW on Linux), reproduce the issue, close Avidemux, then attach the log file admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply.

Quote from: JohnnySH on November 02, 2020, 06:54:42 PMIf I then re nudge the start or end by a few frames and reset the A/B markers it will work ??

If modifying the selection leaves out spots where decode time stamps (DTS) don't advance (which most likely causes the failure to save the video), then this would be a logical explanation for this behaviour. The log file will hopefully tell.

MPEG-2 MPEG-PS streams like on DVD often have timing discontinuities midstream (SCR resets = system clock reference resets). Avidemux handles some, but not all cases of such discontinuities. I suspect that this might be related.

Quote from: JohnnySH on November 02, 2020, 06:54:42 PMoh... there is nothing wrong with the DVD rips

If the issue persists with the most recent build, it would be great if you could provide a small subset of the VIDEO_TS folder content using WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive and exact steps (exact position of A and B markers, muxer configuration) necessary to reproduce the problem.