News:

--

Main Menu

PNG import - # of frames limit

Started by tony72, May 17, 2020, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony72

I have videos saved as individual numbered frames "000000.png", "000001.png" etc. With AviDemux 2.7.5, only the first 100000* frames are loaded, the rest are silently ignored, so that the video is truncated. No errors or warnings are shown to indicate that this happened, so I presume it's a bug. I have verified this with two different videos with different frame dimensions, so it definitely seems to be the frame count rather than the amount of data. Is this a known issue?

*calculated from time x fps, AviDemux doesn't seem to show frame count. When I loaded one of the encoded, truncated videos into virtualdub via avisynth, it reported the last frame as 100005, i.e. 100006 frames.

eumagga0x2a

The maximum number of loaded pictures is hardcoded to 524287. It was much lower (99999) in old Avidemux versions like in the last release, as you have noticed. Please use the latest nightly.

To overcome the limitation, you could use Ctrl+A and point to the N-th picture, where N is the hardcoded maximum (it has to be bound somehow, but 524287 pictures at 25 fps amounts to almost 6 hours of video).

The number of loaded pictures is printed to the Avidemux log file admlog.txt in %localappdata%\avidemux\

tony72

Ok, thanks. I think I'm unlikely to hit the 524287 limit  ;D.

tony72

So with the latest nightly as of yesterday, I get "Internal error finding codecAV_CODEC_ID_PNG"  :(. Per the log, it got to frame 136359 . No errors indicated in the log, just 136359 [picHeader::open] lines, then it stops. I have only tested with one video so far, so I can't say if that behaviour is consistent.

My workaround at the moment is to use avsproxy and an avisynth script to load the images.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: tony72 on May 18, 2020, 08:53:29 AM
So with the latest nightly as of yesterday, I get "Internal error finding codecAV_CODEC_ID_PNG"  :(

The latest is 200514 (May 14, 2020) from https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/ Was it what you tried? This problem with missing PNG decoder in internal FFmpeg happened due to a build system misconfiguration a couple of times, but only for VC++ builds.

tony72

It was lazy of me not to specify. No, I have 200508, which doesn't seem to be there anymore. I can for sure try 200514.

eumagga0x2a

Yes, please, try the MinGW build. You had the last VC++ build, not MinGW. I'll report the build environment related regression, thanks.

tony72

Can confirm the MingW build is fine. I didn't originally grasp that there were two different Win64 builds, doh.

slartibartfast

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but I assume this is preferred over repeating the same one.

I am seeing the issue with the missing PNG decoder with a build I downloaded a few weeks ago.  It's the VC++ version.  I don't know where to find the MingW version.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: slartibartfast on November 10, 2020, 01:40:43 AMI am seeing the issue with the missing PNG decoder with a build I downloaded a few weeks ago.  It's the VC++ version.

I've retested the latest VC++ build, currently from 2020-11-02, and the PNG decoder in the bundled libavcodec is present. If an older build, compiled after the bad release build, exhibited the issue, please just update to the latest one.

Quote from: slartibartfast on November 10, 2020, 01:40:43 AMI don't know where to find the MingW version.

You are encouraged to read the old topic you reopen :-) The URL was mentioned in https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?msg=88982