News:

--

Main Menu

Help with Avidemux Jobs Program

Started by dako44, December 05, 2020, 10:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dako44

Hello, I use the GUI version of Avidemux so I don't do any command line.

I am splitting a video up into parts, and it's a fairly large video. I queued the parts up in Avidemux Jobs, but when I run the queue program, it has to reopen the whole large video file every time it renders a part.

Is there any way I can make it render all of the parts without having to open a new copy of the large video file? It takes about an hour every time it opens the large file.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: dako44 on December 05, 2020, 10:53:13 PMIt takes about an hour every time it opens the large file.

How is this possible? Is the hardware extremely slow like an Intel Atom netbook from > 10 years ago? Unless the file is hundreds of GiB large and several days in duration, I cannot imagine that loading files like MKV and MP4 which need to be indexed and where we don't dump the index to a file like in case of MPEG-TS to speedup later loading can take that long. Maybe the file is accessed over a network and the network is the bottleneck?

Please provide some details about the file and the setup.

To avoid reopening the file each time, you cannot use the "Add to queue" + Jobs GUI approach. You could save each step as a project script and manually join them together, removing all but the very first loadVideo() call (if you want the video to be loaded from the script, you can remove all these calls if the video is already loaded), then run just this edited script in a normal Avidemux window.

dako44

The file is about 30 hours long, 50 something GB, and MKV. I am doing it through my local network, I will try it on the computer where the file is hosted to see if it goes any faster. I will try the job script approach!

dako44

Good news! The scripting method seems to be working great. Thanks!