Inconsistent video frames starting on release 2.7.5

Started by gfinleyg, November 08, 2020, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfinleyg

On both of the latest Avidemux releases (2.7.5 and 2.7.6, Windows 10 64bit) the video frame shown at a given time isn't always the same when moving through a video with the 'go to next/previous keyframe' button/functions.  A solution to the problem is to click off screen if the video frame shown is suspect, but that adds a tedious extra step when editing.  2.7.1 is the last available release that doesn't exhibit this behavior for me.

In the attached image, on the left of the screen I have a video at 25.121s, I went to the next keyframe at 27.494s and the same video frame is still shown until I click off screen.

You cannot view this attachment.

gfinleyg

I rechecked with 2.7.1 64bit and found the same issue, but 2.7.6 and 2.7.0 32bit, as well as 2.6.15 64bit work okay.  So the issue doesn't appear to exist on the 32 bit branch and starts somewhere between 2.6.15 and 2.7.1 in the 64 bit branch.

eumagga0x2a

I would attribute this window repaint problem to a local issue with graphics drivers. I never experienced that in such a form. I did see minor refresh issues with recent Qt versions on Windows, like menu entries not enabled after stopping playback.

You might try a different video output instead of "DXVA2" (actually, calling it just DirectX would be more correct, DXVA2 is the hardware accelerated video decode interface, not used according to your screenshots). Please note that you need to enable OpenGL support in Avidemux prior to being able to use the QtGL video output.

gfinleyg

Switching the display mode to QtGL video output seems to have resolved the issue, thanks!