missing file: libADM_UI_Cli6.so

Started by Slowthinker, December 26, 2020, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowthinker

Hello,

I have tried to start avidemux2.7_cli from Linux Mint 18.3 xfce 64 bit but I always get a message as follows:

avidemux2.7_cli
avidemux2.7_cli: error while loading shared libraries: libADM_UI_Cli6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do not find a file with such a name on my computer.

I have installed the ppa ubuntuhandbook1/avidemux and avidemux2.7*. Amongst others there is installed avidemux2.7-cli and avidemux2.7-plugins-cli.

How can make avidemux_cli working?
Avidemux-GUI is working fine.

eumagga0x2a

If you try a recent appImage for Linux distributions with glibc version >= 2.28 from here and launch the CLI version via symlink with "_cli" in its filename, does it work for you?

Alternatively, does the CLI Avidemux executable run when you build Avidemux from git master on your system yourself and modify

"${HERE}/bin/avidemux3_qt5" --portable "$@"
in the copy of run_avidemux_template.sh you use to run Avidemux to become

"${HERE}/bin/avidemux3_cli" --portable "$@"
?

Quote from: Slowthinker on December 26, 2020, 05:30:00 PMI have installed the ppa ubuntuhandbook1/avidemux and avidemux2.7*

Unsupported third-party builds.

Slowthinker

Thanks for quick reply.

First I must say that I am quite new with Linux so that I lack the overview. If I understand your comment, I have installed a non official build of Avidemux. What is the newst stable release of Avidemux for Linux Mint?

I have downloaded
avidemuxLinux_GLIBC_2.28_amd64_201116_1420.app
but I never have installed an AppImage yet. So I extract /usr/lib/libADM_UI_cli6.so and libADM_render6_cli.so from the archiv and copy to my Linux Mint. Now avidemux2.7_cli runs without any errormessages. I have not tried with parameters yet.

I think I have found the official Linux-Release here:
https://www.fosshub.com/Avidemux.html?dwl=avidemux_2.7.6.appImage

I will study the differences between repositories, AppImages, PPAs, ...

eumagga0x2a

At the time of writing, the latest build is from Dec 17. By picking the oldest one from mid-November, you miss out on features like support for 24-bit (L)PCM audio, bitrate control fixes and other improvements in a number of video encoders (both NVENC, VP9), fixes for LATM AAC handling in MPEG-TS and Matroska to name a few.

Quote from: Slowthinker on December 26, 2020, 10:05:24 PMWhat is the newst stable release of Avidemux for Linux Mint?

I would strongly recommend using latest nightlies rather than the release, as they contain numerous fixes for issues present in the "stable" version. While stuff like translations is sometimes more patchy in nightlies, the overall quality is much higher IMVHO.

Quote from: Slowthinker on December 26, 2020, 10:05:24 PMI never have installed an AppImage yet.

There is nothing to install. Make it executable, create a symlink ending in _cli to be able to launch the CLI executable – that's all.

Quote from: Slowthinker on December 26, 2020, 10:05:24 PMSo I extract /usr/lib/libADM_UI_cli6.so and libADM_render6_cli.so from the archiv and copy to my Linux Mint.

Well, this is not how it is supposed to work. Quite surprised that it doesn't crash.

eumagga0x2a

Oops, sorry, just realized that you use a very ancient Linux distribution, so appImages for recent Linux distributions I pointed to won't work. Your only option with official Avidemux nightlies is the latest appImage from https://avidemux.org/nightly/appImage4/ then.

Why not updating to a more up-to-date distribution?