multiple filter settings in one video?

Started by FredS, March 08, 2021, 11:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredS

This may not even be possible, so excuse me if it isn't, but it would be absolutely great if we could adjust the brightness/contrast filter settings differently for different scenes within the same video.

For instance, I'm now trying to fix a video that is too bright/contrasty in some scenes, yet too dark/muddy in other scenes. Obviously, if I correct for one problem, I'm going to make the opposite problem even worse. Yet as far as I can tell, the program allows only one setting (per filter) for the entire video.

Right now, the only solution I can find is to carve up the video into various scenes, apply filters to each separate cut, save them individually as separate videos, then append them all back together, which is a slow and awkward process if you are dealing with multiple scenes in the same video.

It would be so much better if we could simply adjust those filter settings whenever the scene changed within the video, and if Avidemux simply remembered where each individual filter setting-change began and ended.

Again, it may not be possible, but if it is, it would definitely be the best possible improvement for Avidemux (which is already a great program).

szlldm

You can change instantiated filter to partial (right mouse click), where you can set the start and stop time during the filter is active.

FredS

Thank you VERY much!  That will be extremely useful!  :D

butterw

some additionnal info here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400980-Avidemux-Top10-Tips#post2613147
- Non-temporal filters can be made partial (applied to only a section of video, ex: delimited by markers A, B). Partial filters should be applied after you are done with cutting/editing.

picopa88

Advanced Configuration:
[Reset]: Resets all [Advanced Profiles] to default values ​​(except [White Balance]).
[Background Calibration]: Enhances the dark areas of the image for stronger contrast.
[Improve Contrast]: Automatically optimizes [Backlight] and [Contrast] according to the brightness of the screen. This setting is effective for images and dark scenes.
[Gamma]: Adjusts the balance between the light and dark areas of the image.
[Dynamic Control LED]: Optimizes contrast by adjusting brightness in individual parts of the screen. ([Dynamic control LED] is available depending on the TV model.)
[Automatically Limit Brightness]: Reduces glare such as scenes where the entire screen is white.
[White Highlight]: Emphasizes the white color in the image.
I think it's easier to use advanced shapes. Hope helped!