Converting .TS to .MP4 results in freezing/lost frames

Started by bobsage123, June 15, 2021, 07:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobsage123

Build 2.7.8

I'm using the copy output option and haven't tweaked any other settings. I notice that every few seconds I get a quick stutter in the output video that didn't exist in the original TS. I then checked statistics while running the video in mpc hc and it is showing multiple dropped frames every few seconds.

Any idea on anything I can tweak to correct this problem?

eumagga0x2a

If the problem persists with the latest nightly, please provide a short sample (the first 100-300 MiB) of the original MPEG-TS file using WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive if the video is innocuous enough. Don't use any tools which try to parse the content of the file to cut the file!

Quote from: bobsage123 on June 15, 2021, 07:56:38 AMI then checked statistics while running the video in mpc hc and it is showing multiple dropped frames every few seconds.

Most video players would drop frames if they get behind with decoding the video track, so this is not a criterium. Still, I'd like to have a look at the source TS file to assess the situation.

bobsage123

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 15, 2021, 03:50:54 PMIf the problem persists with the latest nightly, please provide a short sample (the first 100-300 MiB) of the original MPEG-TS file using WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive if the video is innocuous enough. Don't use any tools which try to parse the content of the file to cut the file!

Quote from: bobsage123 on June 15, 2021, 07:56:38 AMI then checked statistics while running the video in mpc hc and it is showing multiple dropped frames every few seconds.

Most video players would drop frames if they get behind with decoding the video track, so this is not a criterium. Still, I'd like to have a look at the source TS file to assess the situation.

Upon further inspection there is something wrong on the .TS end. I will try to get a "good" .TS file and try the conversion again. I don't expect any issues but I will let you know.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: bobsage123 on June 15, 2021, 10:41:04 PMUpon further inspection there is something wrong on the .TS end.

Just cut away the end (with a tool similar to head). Does this make the problem disappear?

bobsage123

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 16, 2021, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: bobsage123 on June 15, 2021, 10:41:04 PMUpon further inspection there is something wrong on the .TS end.

Just cut away the end (with a tool similar to head). Does this make the problem disappear?

It was an issue with my download manager corrupting the file in the DL process. After that was sorted out, no issues.