News:

--

Main Menu

UI locking up constantly

Started by riskyraccoon, September 16, 2021, 01:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riskyraccoon

This software used to be really zippy for me, but ever since I upgraded my computer it has gotten slower. Specifically, when trying to stop/start playing back video, the UI locks up so I have to wait about four seconds before I can stop playback, which makes editing impossible. Any idea what settings I might need to change to fix this? Thank you

eumagga0x2a

Are you sure you run a supported version of Avidemux which is always the latest 2.7.9 nightly build or at least the latest release, currently 2.7.8?

This problem existed in some old 2.7.x versions when Avidemux started to seek back to the currently displayed picture (before that it was jumping ahead to the last decoded one), but didn't make sure that picture was still in cache, i.e. it had to decode the last GOP again, which took some time, depending on circumstances.

szlldm

You should try the latest nightly build, this issue was fixed two month ago. The last release (2.7.8) still have this bug.

riskyraccoon

I tried with the latest nightly 2.7.9 and am still having this issue.

szlldm

You can try changing Video display in Preferences/Display, and enable/disable HW acceleration. These changes might require to restart the program.
Can you give some info about the video you try to edit (resolution, fps, codec, etc.)?

eumagga0x2a

Please start the latest nightly, reproduce the issue, close the application and attach the resulting Avidemux log file %localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt to your reply.

eumagga0x2a

CleanTalk at its "best": riskyraccoon had to resort to PM, reported that the problem was specific to the "DXVA2" (DirectX) video display, at least it didn't exist with the OpenGL one.

eumagga0x2a

A small update: an admlog.txt file from a wrong version received, one from the latest nightly requested. The affected file has a 60fps (likely the same as the refresh rate of the display) video stream with slightly variable frame rate, should be indeed covered by [gui_play] improve UI responsiveness during playback.