News:

--

Main Menu

Cannot hear second mp3 file

Started by lerky, November 28, 2021, 04:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lerky

I'm trying to combine an mp4 and mp3 file, and the mp4 will playback without issue, video+audio.

Adding the mp3 file, I cannot hear it at all in the playback nor in the resulting mp4 export.
I've tried converting the mp3 file to AAC and even used a different program (MyMP4Box) which bizarrely gives me the same result.

Dragging in the audio first will result in a "Cannot find a demuxer" messsage.

Let me know if theres any ideas!

Lerky

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: lerky on November 28, 2021, 04:53:01 AMAdding the mp3 file, I cannot hear it at all in the playback nor in the resulting mp4 export.

What do you mean by "adding"? As an external audio track in Avidemux? You get an additional audio track upon exporting the video then. You should be able to select it in the player by cycling through available audio tracks.

If you want to replace the existing audio track with the external one, disable the internal track in "Audio" --> "Select Track" dialog.

If you want to mix the audio from the mp3 file into the already existing audio track of the source video, this task cannot be accomplished with Avidemux, you need to use a specialized application like Audacity for that in order to generate an audio file to be imported as external audio track in Avidemux.

Quote from: lerky on November 28, 2021, 04:53:01 AMDragging in the audio first will result in a "Cannot find a demuxer" messsage.

Avidemux requires video track in supported file formats to be present. Raw mp3 streams are supported as external audio tracks only. Audio-only mp4 files are entirely unsupported ("raw" = ADTS-encapsulated AAC streams are supported as external audio tracks).