News:

--

Main Menu

adding lyrics to video

Started by shinnen, December 14, 2021, 05:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnen

Hi,
  I have a friend who does not follow spoken English well, and I would like to send her a video with the lyrics on the bottom. I have checked all over the net, but can only find: the original video, or a lyrics video (text on a blank background), nothing with both. Can Avidemux do this?
Any help is appreciated.
.... john

eumagga0x2a

You need to manually create (I am not aware of any automation for this step) a subtitle file from the lyrics video, then Avidemux can be used to hardcode subtitles defined by this file into the video.

Else you would need to save each one of the subtitles shown in the lyrics video as a PNG image and write down the timing to a list, then edit each one of the images with an image editor (GIMP or similar) to replace black background with transparency, then use the "Add logo" video filter in Avidemux (one instance per subtitle) and make them partial with timing taken from your list. The latter procedure looks for me a whole lot more terrible.

FFmpeg has more sophisticated filters which can operate on multiple videos at once like in this example.