News:

--

Main Menu

avidemux3 2.8.0.1 broken

Started by johnglen244, January 01, 2022, 09:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnglen244

I built 2.8.0.1 from source on Fedora 34 and the resulting install in broken. I also tried to install via the repo, and that is the same.

The application graphics are broken, and the program is unusable. A loaded video is just garbled noise consisting of shredded window elements.

How can I fix this?

johnglen244

I ended up running the app image release from github and it works

eumagga0x2a

Do you try to run Avidemux on Wayland? This won't work. You need to make sure your desktop runs with X11.

eumagga0x2a

Starting with Fedora 34, I'd recommend also to build for Qt6 instead of for Qt5 (the dreadful "xdg portal" breaking the filepicker).

johnglen244

I have the app image release running fine on Wayland. I did build with QT5 and noticed a lot of QT4 string when Avidemux was building. I could try QT6.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: johnglen244 on January 01, 2022, 10:46:02 PMI have the app image release running fine on Wayland.

Please don't. Wayland is broken (a good deal of functionality is available only with X11) and completely unsupported for now and probably for a time being.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: johnglen244 on January 01, 2022, 10:46:02 PMnoticed a lot of QT4 string when Avidemux was building.

This is because some directories with Qt-related code are named "qt4" and many CMake variables contain a QT4 substring to strike out that earlier Qt versions are unsupported.