mp4 edited with Avidemux works fine on PC, but not recognized by TV

Started by Gorgo, January 18, 2022, 02:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgo

Hello, I edited many mp4's with different versions of Avidemux, including the latest available, and I do not have any problem playing them on Windows PC. But none of them works on TV (all recent models of different brands: LG, Samsung, Philips), while on the same TV sets I can play every other mp4, which are usually created with my Sony camera or my Xiaomi smartphone.
When I try to play an mp4 generated by Avidemux (copy with both MP4V2 and MP4 muxers), TV says: unsupported video.

eumagga0x2a

Do you have access to a large palette of different TV models to test? I have none at all, so whatever in Avidemux output confuses these devices, all testing will have to be done by you.

Here we go:

1. Please find or shoot anew a short (~1 minute of duration) sample video which is accepted by these TV sets.

2. Load this sample in the latest nightly build you find in https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/ (currently r220114 = from Jan. 14 2022, but I hope that a newer build will be uploaded soon).

3. Save it in copy mode using the MP4 muxer (the MP4v2 one is deprecated, don't use it), verify that the TV sets in question reject it, then close Avidemux, attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ directory to your reply (do not restart Avidemux prior to moving admlog.txt to a different location else it will be overwritten) and provide the source video as well as the MP4 file generated by Avidemux via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.

Thank you.