-VideoToolbox HEVC encoder on macOS
Audio filter department got a major upgrade:
-configurable Compressor (DRC)
-3 band Equalizer
-channel gain adjusment
-channel delay adjusment
-channel remap
-custom "Frame rate change" a.k.a. audio stretch with pitch adjusment

+bugfixes (non-ASCII characters in a path; motion interpolation)

Also (not directly related to nightlies) native build now possible on Mac/arm64

szlldm

szlldm

New nightly 220617
-new HiDPI compatible buttons
-the Backward/Forward one minute buttons can be configured (1/2/4/60 sec) by scrolling over them

previous nightly builds:
-new filter: Decimate
-update bundled FFmpeg to 4.4.2 release
-VDPAU support for VP9
-save resize algorithm choise in filters

+bugfixes

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: szlldm on June 18, 2022, 08:59:32 PM-VDPAU support for VP9

Not in the official nightlies, unfortunately: the platform used to generate "modern" appImages for old but not really ancient distributions like Ubuntu 20.04.x (Debian Buster) has a libvdpau version too old to support this feature.

To be able to decode VP9 using an NVIDIA graphics card (it must be a pretty recent one) with the closed-source NVIDIA driver, please install libvdpau headers (e.g. libvdpau-devel on Fedora) and build Avidemux from source. The libvdpau version must be at least 1.4 or newer.

eumagga0x2a

A new win64 (i.e. cross-compiled on Linux for 64-bit Windows) nightly build, r220620:

- Support for decoding 8-bit VP9 in hardware on Windows via DXVA2 added, presumes a graphics card capable of decoding VP9 (e.g. NVIDIA GPUs from Turing on).

lansing

I have the 220620 build, there's a bug with setting markers for cuts. After I set the initial A and B markers on the timeline, when I set another A (start) point, it was registered as a B (end) point instead.

eumagga0x2a

There is an option in the Preferences for that.

lansing

butterw

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 19, 2022, 10:25:58 PM
Quote from: axst on April 18, 2022, 08:37:12 PMI have the follwing line in my custom py-files (batch script for many files):

adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=0", "forceAspectRatio=False", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")

This configuration is incomplete as muxers expect (and always expected) the full parameter list, which would be in case of MP4 muxer

adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=0", "forceAspectRatio=False", "displayWidth=1280", "aspectRatio=1", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")
(the value of displayWidth is ignored if forceAspectRatio is false or aspectRatio is not equal 4). I am not sure at the moment whether we may safely change parameter list parsing for muxers to accept those with some parameters missing. Relaxed parsing would allow to handle situations like yours gracefully.

It would make sense to set missing parameters to sensible default values IMO. It allows for more readable scripts and avoids script breakage when a new option is added.

Urik

Just installed latest vsWin64 nightly (2.8.1 VC++ 220618), nice new buttons (and they scale properly on 4k, not the "ugly" aliased upscale like before), and I'm glad the bug that caused error with NVENC encode when using B-frames is fixed  :D

butterw

just tried latest nightly (I am using v2.7.9 dev).

Changes I liked:
- Time was changed to start at 0 for first frame
- Improved Audio-meter
- The Zoom display in the toolbar.
- You can backward/forward 60s while playing. 
- dark theme available on Windows.

But I prefer the old toolbar buttons (@1080p).

Things that could be improved:
- Playing a video with mono audio, I get a dual Audio-meter display.
- Trimming at the start or the end of a video should display a red cut point, it's an edit.

In v2.7.9-dev, it was possible to manually create segments by selecting and cutting/pasting in place. This could be useful for visualization/navigation purposes, but this no longer seems to work ?
Possibly there needs to be a distinction made between edits (red mark) and a new bookmarks feature (ex: green mark).

butterw

In the crop filter, it would be good to have at least one extra value for cropping to portrait mode. Currently in the locked AR combo-box there is only 1:1 and 9/16=0.5625.
Sometimes 9/16 is too narrow. The intermediate value would be 3/4=0.75

butterw

In x264 codec configuration gui, the "Frame > minimum gop size" is capped at 100, which corresponds to 4s keyframes at 25fps. Could the cap be increased (ex: cap at 300) to allow forcing a longer keyframe interval ?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: butterw on June 29, 2022, 04:17:11 PM- You can backward/forward 60s while playing.

Not only 60s but also 4s, 2s and 1s. Try to rotate mouse wheel (or scroll using touchpad) atop of the 60s buttons (all kudos to szlldm).

Quote from: butterw on June 29, 2022, 04:17:11 PMBut I prefer the old toolbar buttons (@1080p).

Just the toolbar or both toolbar and navigation?

Quote from: butterw on June 29, 2022, 04:17:11 PM- Playing a video with mono audio, I get a dual Audio-meter display.

Because you remix to Stereo. I am not sure that the ancient win32 audio device interface we use works with anything else, it definitely doesn't work you multichannel audio. Don't know about mono.
Quote from: butterw on June 29, 2022, 04:17:11 PMIn v2.7.9-dev, it was possible to manually create segments by selecting and cutting/pasting in place. This could be useful for visualization/navigation purposes, but this no longer seems to work ?

Contiguous segments, misappropriated to serve as surrogate chapters, breaking copy mode, are now automatically joined. Yes, a true support for chapters is nice to have.

butterw

Quote from: butterw on June 29, 2022, 04:17:11 PMBut I prefer the old toolbar buttons (@1080p).

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 30, 2022, 09:56:57 PMJust the toolbar or both toolbar and navigation?
Both toolbar and navigation icons.
the old icons had a simpler design which made them more readable.
The new icons are large. It's more difficult to see whether play filtered is activated.
- Up/down Arrows also do not intuitively suggest Open/Save to me.