News:

--

Main Menu

Windows and Nvidia encoding

Started by az2022, January 27, 2022, 12:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az2022

Hello,

On Linux i am able to compile Avidemux with Nvidia codec support, i.e. with Nvidia HEVC and Nvidia x264. At least they are shown in drop down menu.
But on Windows i use last standard build of Avidemux and on Windows 10 with working Nvidia drivers i do not see in Avidemux drop down menu above codecs. I only seen HEVC and x265. Decoder is DXVA and h/w acceleration is enabled. Also during encoding i don't see in task manager that GPU used at all.
Is that normal behaviour?

Thanks.

eumagga0x2a

If the necessary ADM_ve_ffNvenc* plugin DLLs are present but none of NVIDIA encoders appears in the encoder list, the NVIDIA graphics driver is probably too old.

eumagga0x2a

Just tried the latest VC++ nightly on Windows 7 with a NVIDIA graphics card capable of encoding to H.264 via NVENC and the Nvidia H264 encoder works fine (getting over 160 fps with "Medium" quality preset for a 720p video).

tomk

Running the nightly built (of Jan 25 2022) in subdir win64 doesn't show Nvidia support.
Running the built (same date) in subdir vsWin64 does show Nividia support.

Win10 Pro 21H1, Nvidia Driver 511.23 of 10Jan22.
tomk

eumagga0x2a

Confirming that ADM_ve_ffNvenc* plugin DLLs are missing in recent MinGW ("win64") builds. Most likely a build environment issue.

Thank you for your report.

eumagga0x2a