News:

--

Main Menu

Play Selection [A-B]

Started by jimmy, February 23, 2022, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy

Hello. Often I find edit points are based on audio clues and not video.
It would be handy to have a Play Selection [A to B] option in the drop down menu.
This would aid in finding audio transitions at the B marker.

eumagga0x2a

Enabling "Alternative keyboard shortcuts" and pressing "A" seeks to the start of selection, which is not automatic, of course, but is both easy and fast*, isn't it?

*) If the start of selection matches a keyframe.

So you actually need playback primarily to stop at B? For now, you can set A to B and reset B (which sets it to the end of video), then hit Del. If the position of B is not optimal, undo the steps, move B, rinse and repeat.

jimmy

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 25, 2022, 07:57:59 PMSo you actually need playback primarily to stop at B?

Yes to playback stopping at B, except not really primarily or by default but just optionally. Thanks for responding eumagga0x2a.

True, one can delete everything past the B marker and then undo, or just copy the selection and append it to the end and then undo, or one can simply save the
selection and evaluate externally, which is what I usually do. But I think a Play Selection [A-B] option would be an elegant addition to the drop down menu. Cheers.