Suggestion: Queue all clips and save at once - when all editing is done

Started by ImaginaryTango, April 03, 2022, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImaginaryTango

I'm new here and have just started using Avidemux. I've found one thing that I think would make things a bit easier.

When I'm slicing up a file, I find most of the time I'm not just pulling one segment out. Instead I'm dividing a large file into smaller sections. For instance, if I copy a BD I have to my server, maybe there's just one long file on the disc with 6 episodes in it. After I mark the start and end points for each episode and save it, it can take a while to save the file. I'm thinking that a lot of times all of us are using Avidemux to split a file rather than extract just part of it.

Would it be worth considering creating a queue of each file, just listing the start and end points for each section, then allowing the entire queue to be saved at once? This way, it's easy to do the work of marking off a file for all the sections, then letting them all be exported after we're done working. (Or it gives a user a break long enough to do something else for a while instead of a lot of shorter breaks that are more like interruptions.)

eumagga0x2a

Use "File" --> "Queue" (Ctrl+U) instead of "File" --> "Save" (Ctrl+S) for each output file. When you are ready, launch Avidemux Jobs and let it process the queue.

ImaginaryTango

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 03, 2022, 09:26:19 PMUse "File" --> "Queue" (Ctrl+U) instead of "File" --> "Save" (Ctrl+S) for each output file. When you are ready, launch Avidemux Jobs and let it process the queue.

Oh - cool! Thank you!

I was just using the GUI, so I had not seen that. That'll be a significant help!