News:

--

Main Menu

How to blacken out a rectangular block?

Started by kkong, April 05, 2022, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkong

I need to black out part of my screen to hide sensitive financial information.

I tried using Filters/Transform/Black. I am able to apply it to a duration by selecting start and end time. However, it blackens the whole frame. Is it possible to select the size of the blackout area? I see in some old YouTube videos there is a Partial to set the coordinates of a filter. But the Partial for Black on my version is disabled.

Is Transform/Black the best way to hide a selected area of the frame? If not, what should be the appropriate method?

Thanks.

PS: I am on version 2.7.6.

szlldm

You can use the Sharpness/Mplayer delogo2 filter.
But you should update to the last release, or even better to the last nightly build.

eumagga0x2a

An alternative would be to use "Add logo" with a solid black picture (JPEG, PNG or BMP) of desired dimensions as overlay.

Quote from: kkong on April 05, 2022, 12:28:26 PMPS: I am on version 2.7.6.

I am honestly curious, why? Are you cut off from more up-to-date versions by a 32-bit Windows?

kkong

Thanks to all for the tips.

The Sharpness/Blur filter in 2.8.0 did the trick.

I installed my 2.7.6 not too long ago. Didn't realize big improvements have been deployed. Thanks to the dedicated developers too. Avidemux is a great tool.

eumagga0x2a

I bet you would be much better off going straight to the latest 2.8.1 nightly rather than keeping 2.8.0.