Webm Video with Opus audio codec not convertable

Started by thoste, June 20, 2022, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoste

I downloaded a *.webm video which contains an audio track in Opus codec.

I tried to convert a *.webm video with Avidemux into an *.mp4 format video (with H.264 video and MP3 audio codec).

The conversion was done without error notification.
The video is playable but no sound.

It seems to me that Avidemux cannot convert Opus audio codecs.

Is there a workaround for that?
Do I have to install an additional plugin in Avidemux?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: thoste on June 20, 2022, 10:51:56 AMIs there a workaround for that?

Avidemux (the latest git master) should decode Opus, encode to Opus and encode to MP3 just fine, so no workaround needed, works just fine for me. Please make sure you use the latest nightly (currently from today) and, if the problem persists, provide more details (textual output of MediaInfo for the source video and for the output of Avidemux as well as admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux just from starting Avidemux and loading the source file).

By the way, why do you encode to MP3? AAC is better quality-wise.

thoste

Ok, thank you.

However I prefer not to use nightly builts.

When will be the next STABLE/FINAL version of Avidemux (with Opus support) be released?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: thoste on June 26, 2022, 07:48:10 AMHowever I prefer not to use nightly builts.

Well, estimated 99% of the time Avidemux nightly builds provide superior experience compared to releases. By all means, they are more stable than releases (they have a number of identified crashes and other bugs fixed). They are not stable API-wise (the interfaces may have changed and configuration or scripts generated by nightlies may not be backward-compatible with the release).

Quote from: thoste on June 26, 2022, 07:48:10 AMWhen will be the next STABLE/FINAL version of Avidemux (with Opus support) be released?

Opus support is present since a couple of years, and in 2.8.0 for sure. The problem should be attributed to a different, not identified issue.

The next release is scheduled to happen later this summer. It will contain all bugs you haven't helped to find :-)