News:

--

Main Menu

Preset configurations never die!

Started by TheInvoker, July 09, 2022, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheInvoker

i tried to remove those "mezzanine" "psp" "ultrafast" etc etc...but they "resurrect" after restarting avidemux
i would like to keep only my custom settings
is it possible?

butterw

It can be done. Delete the .json files in the avidemux install folder\plugins\pluginSettings\x264\3\

You'll need to do so again if you reinstall/update.

TheInvoker

NOT GOOD

to make a group of filter i have to edit files manually....to delete presets i have to in the folders and delete files becuse they keep recreating

These things should be done with the interface, not manually in windows

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: TheInvoker on July 09, 2022, 07:56:46 AMi tried to remove those "mezzanine" "psp" "ultrafast" etc etc...but they "resurrect" after restarting avidemux

When a user tries to delete one of these profiles, a warning is shown explaining exactly why these profiles are not supposed to be removed by user. Maybe someone becomes interested to get hands dirty and submit a patch to allow to hide profiles shipped with Avidemux from view, thus resolving this miniscule nuisance.

Quote from: TheInvoker on July 09, 2022, 01:39:49 PMto make a group of filter i have to edit files manually

Filter configuration is tightly linked to properties of input and the capabilities of the output. Re-using a filter chain with a different kind of input is advanced stuff. I think, it is justified to expect that the user is familiar with scripting.

TheInvoker

i don't care about the warning. how do i delete it?

like avidemux allows to save a default confuguration it should allow also to save filters. just a button "save this group of filters" that creates the file that now we have to do manually