COPY clip from an mp4 home movie, How please?

Started by pcumming, July 13, 2022, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcumming

COPY clip from an mp4 home movie, How please?

I have a number of MP4 movies that are about to Gig each. Is there a way to COPY perhaps 15 seconds or 3 minutes of the video and then export that out or paste it somewhere else? I don't want to have to trim everything or crop everything out except the clips I need.

*Is there a way to pick a starting point and an ending point and cut that portion out of the video or copy that portion so I can save that clip somewhere else (and where) for later use. Is this possible?

I may take many Clips out of the same movie and that would become a pain if I had to keep on importing the same movie over and over again and then selecting different clips in some fashion.

Or perhaps you know of an inexpensive tool to do this.

Thank you
Peter

eumagga0x2a

Think "Select a section of the video you don't need and press Delete. Repeat for each section."

If you need frame accuracy, you will need to choose a real encoder (i. e. not "Copy"). Which you choose, depends on your needs. It can be e.g. x264 to encode to H.264 or x265 to encode to HEVC.

Then save (actually, export) the video.

If you want to mix fragments of different source videos, the course of action depends on the compatibility of the source videos. If they are compatible, you can append one to an already loaded another and copy and paste selections between them as you see fit.