Current version for Windows 11 Home 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Started by bomber, August 11, 2022, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomber

Hello,

Could you please tell me which version and from where should I download the current stable version of Avidemux for Windows 11 Home 10.0.22000 Build 22000 ?
Would version 2.8.0 Windows 64bit 37.9MB at the following FOSSHUB link be the correct current stable version for my Windows version named above?
https://www.fosshub.com/Avidemux.html

I have a DVD saved to hard drive as common DVD Video_TS folder and would like to losslessly (no re-encoding) make it into an .mkv file, will Avidemux
import this Video_TS folder and export as .mkv without any change to quality?

Thank-You

eumagga0x2a

For best experience, including better stability, I would recommend using the latest 2.8.1 nightly build. The last release 2.8.0 has grown long in the tooth.

There is a popular misconception about the attribute "stable" regarding releases. "Stable" means that the interfaces don't change, this doesn't imply in any way that the release build crashes less often or has in general less bugs than developer builds (nightlies). It is precisely the other way round. However, scripts (or plugins) written for the last release may stop being compatible with a later nightly without notice. This is what being "unstable" means.

Quote from: bomber on August 11, 2022, 02:10:44 PMI have a DVD saved to hard drive as common DVD Video_TS folder and would like to losslessly (no re-encoding) make it into an .mkv file, will Avidemux

If the VOBs are not encrypted, this should be possible. You should load the first VOB and Avidemux should prompt for appending the remaining sequentially named VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Quote from: bomber on August 11, 2022, 02:10:44 PMWindows 11 Home 10.0.22000

There have been reports about hangs on load caused presumably by some security functionality built into Windows 11 which spends incredibly long time scanning all the Avidemux plugins.

bomber

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 11, 2022, 07:26:45 PMFor best experience, including better stability, I would recommend using the latest 2.8.1 nightly build. The last release 2.8.0 has grown long in the tooth.

There is a popular misconception about the attribute "stable" regarding releases. "Stable" means that the interfaces don't change, this doesn't imply in any way that the release build crashes less often or has in general less bugs than developer builds (nightlies). It is precisely the other way round. However, scripts (or plugins) written for the last release may stop being compatible with a later nightly without notice. This is what being "unstable" means.

Quote from: bomber on August 11, 2022, 02:10:44 PMI have a DVD saved to hard drive as common DVD Video_TS folder and would like to losslessly (no re-encoding) make it into an .mkv file, will Avidemux

If the VOBs are not encrypted, this should be possible. You should load the first VOB and Avidemux should prompt for appending the remaining sequentially named VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Quote from: bomber on August 11, 2022, 02:10:44 PMWindows 11 Home 10.0.22000

There have been reports about hangs on load caused presumably by some security functionality built into Windows 11 which spends incredibly long time scanning all the Avidemux plugins.

Thanks, is the one you're suggesting the "August 2 8:59am" download at the following link?
https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/

eumagga0x2a