News:

--

Main Menu

Visualize audio track

Started by glukinho, December 04, 2020, 10:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glukinho

Hi all,
I often use Avidemux to cut videos with people talk to each other, I need to cut the whole recording to several interviews.

Now I have to search for beginning or end of needed fragment by guessing where to click several times (based on am I lucky or not) and then using some "jumping" forward or backwards.

It would be extremely useful for me to see visualized audio track where I can see silence and talking periods. It will help to find beginning and end to cut much faster because they are seen on audio track.

I tried to draw how it can be with avidemux interface, see attached.

Thanks a lot!

Boris

glukinho

I know I can use any "big" video editors with this function, but Avidemux is the quickest, and I want to avoid transcoding.

butterw

It's a useful feature.
Virtualdub2 has it.

glukinho

Quote from: butterw on December 06, 2020, 04:05:22 PMIt's a useful feature.
Virtualdub2 has it.
Thanks, I didn't know it.
But VirtualDub2 has some problems with "zooming" audio and the whole auditrack does not fit the screen. It is not very comfortable to use this function there. Nevertheless, it is similar to what I request.

ianbennett

Quote from: glukinho on December 04, 2020, 10:26:40 AMHi all,
I often use Avidemux to cut videos with people talk to each other, I need to cut the whole recording to several interviews.

Now I have to search for beginning or end of needed fragment by guessing where to click several times (based on am I lucky or not) and then using some "jumping" forward or backwards. 2048

It would be extremely useful for me to see visualized audio track where I can see silence and talking periods. It will help to find beginning and end to cut much faster because they are seen on audio track.

I tried to draw how it can be with avidemux interface, see attached.

Thanks a lot!

Boris
That's a cool feature. Virtualdub2 also has it.

decimalturn

This would be particularly useful for long videos.
I second this feature suggestion.

Elstar`

This feature (with zoom capability) would be useful when fixing A/V sync too.