News:

--

Main Menu

Convert 8 channel DTS to 6 channel AC3

Started by Legin777, September 15, 2022, 10:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legin777

Is there any way that I can convert 8 channel DTS to 6 channel AC3(lav) as avidemux states that the stream is not compatible? I have successfully saved 6 channel DTS to AC3 when converting other HEVC/DTS files using the same audio output

eumagga0x2a

You need to remix to 5.1, available in audio filters in Avidemux.

Legin777

Thank you for the above guidance, though I have now come across another issue. Avidemux will only open the first couple of minutes of this 8 channel DTS file which is a 2hrs+ video, so I cannot save/convert the whole file to 5.1 AC-3.I can play the whole file though through other equipment so it does not seem to be corrupt. Avidemux does not have an issue loading a whole file when it is purely 6 channel DTS neither so I am somewhat at a loss as to how to make progress?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Legin777 on September 16, 2022, 09:40:44 AMAvidemux will only open the first couple of minutes of this 8 channel DTS file which is a 2hrs+ video

Does this mean this audio track is not internal but external? For starters, please reproduce the issue, close Avidemux and provide admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\. However, the most likely outcome is that only providing a sample (via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive) would allow to diagnose the problem and eventually to develop a fix.