New user getting "Cannot use that file as audio track"

Started by dstowe, November 29, 2022, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstowe

Hello, I am new to Avidemux and am looking to add an mp3 song to a video I recorded with my phone. I'm getting the error "Cannot use that file as audio track". It looks like the process is pretty straight forward. I opened the MP4 video I recorded, but when I go to add the MP3 song as track 2 I get the error. Am I missing something?

Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Please make sure you use the latest available Avidemux 2.8.2 nightly (compiled with MinGW on Linux from the "win64" folder or with Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows in the "vsWin64" one) or at least the last release 2.8.1.

If this condition is fullfilled and the issue persists, please post (or provide via personal message as it is known that MediaInfo output often triggers false positive from CleanTalk, the external antispam service) the output of MediaInfo application for the MP3 file you try to load as an external audio track in Avidemux.

Depending on this information, I should be able to tell whether a sample in required in order to identify the nature of the problem and to develop a fix. To provide a sample, please use WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive. ~1 MiB from the head of the file should suffice.

Of course, you may skip MediaInfo and provide a sample right away, if you wish so.

burf

Just a suggestion, if I'm understanding what you're trying to do, & having a problem with avidemux... there's a program "mkvtoolnix-gui." You can open your video in the "multiplexer" part  of mkvtoolnix, & drop in the audio track as a source. Then just hit multiplex, & they'll be married together, as an mkv video. The only problem would be that the video & audio files would need to be the same length. In that case, you'd need an audio editor to trim the audio file beforehand to the length of the video. I don't know if this helps you, but it might point you in the direction you need to go to find a solution to your problem.