Synchronization problems with, seemingly, big/long files

Started by radorn, February 04, 2023, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radorn

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 07, 2023, 12:17:15 AMAvidemux cannot handle this kind of defects. It can fix a uniform shift, but not such a back and forth pattern.

So... it can't be fixed, then?

radorn

Even though I can't code to save my life, I understand implementing things is harder than just thinking of them, particularly incorporating them to an existing project, but what about this?
I'd like an import option where those unrecoverable corrupted parts with that "back and forth" sync issues are just thrown out, a cut indicator is put where the missing part lies, and it continues processing the rest, so that the healthy parts can be worked on without having audio sync problems.

Sounds even harder to do after typing it out, but there you go... could it be done?

eumagga0x2a

Basically, everything which can be expressed as an algorithm can be coded, practicality is a different topic. I think that we should never end up with retrograde DTS, so there is an issue in Avidemux which needs a fix anyway. Fiddling with segment layout to skip suspected damaged parts doesn't look like a good idea in broad sense, however.