News:

--

Main Menu

Splitting MPEG2 files (from old HDV tapes)

Started by yoni, February 08, 2023, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoni

Hey everyone,

Avidemux has been serving me really well for lossless splitting of old AVI files.  However, I have some files which were digitised from HDV mini-DV tapes (a rare mini-dv format that shot in a resolution of 1440x1080).  For these files, I can get them to split but Avidemux doesn't pick up the audio track in the video files at all, so the split up exports don't have any sound.  Is there anything I can do to get Avidemux to recognise the audio track on these files?  Thanks a lot :)

dosdan

What does the freeware MediaInfo indicate is:
The compression format for the audio stream inside the container?
The number of channels in the audio stream?
The audio bit-depth and sampling rate?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: yoni on February 08, 2023, 06:43:50 PMAvidemux has been serving me really well for lossless splitting of old AVI files.

Please specify which version of Avidemux you are using. It should be at least the latest release, but the latest nightly is preferable. They both require Monterey or a newer version of macOS (i.e. Ventura) to run, however.

Please open Avidemux, load the source file, close Avidemux and attach admlog.txt which should have been written to /tmp if you startet Avidemux from the dock rather than from the Terminal.

Getting hold of MediaInfo output would be also helpful, but please provide it as attachment, not in the body of your reply as CleanTalk, an external anti-spam service used by this forum, for some inexplicable reason often blocks postings which contain MediaInfo output.