How to change fps (frames per second) with Avidemux v2.8.1 ?

Started by adalinebowman, February 19, 2023, 09:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adalinebowman

Good morning,
I created a video for a tutorial using "Bandicam" software, but I realize that what I show in the video is too fast for people who are going to want to follow the procedure in the video.
Can you tell me how I can do to slow down the video, I read on the internet that the solution would be to reduce the number of frames per second (currently my video has 24.634 fps), but I can't find how to do it with Aviremux..
Can you help me please ?
For information, my video is in MP4 format and does not contain an audio track.
I am using version 2.8.1 of Avidemux.
Thanks

Here is a capture of the properties of my video :

eumagga0x2a

You can appox. halve the perceptible playback speed by using the changeFps filter ("Changer la fréquence d'images (i/s)") e.g. from "25 (PAL/SÉCAM)" to "Manuel: 12,50" (and optionally filling the gaps back to 25 fps with resampleFps ("Re-échantillonner la fréquence d'images")). Don't expect to achive a smooth movement, however. Interpolation won't help here.

To provide a more accurate value for input fps, please attach admlog.txt from loading the source video. The value of 24,634 is probably a result of averaging, it may be e.g. 60 fps with a lot of gaps. In this case, I would recommend to insert "resampleFps" to stabilize fps at 60 prior to bringing it down with "changeFps" with correspondingly altered source fps value.