News:

--

Main Menu

Deinterlace to Double Frame Rate

Started by Hushpower, August 06, 2023, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hushpower

Hello fellow AVIDemuxers, I'm looking further at AVIDemux to replace Virtual Dub for deinterlacing and encoding because of it's very easy interface. I'm tyring to find an option in the Deinterlacing section of the video filters that will double the frame rate by turning each field into a frame, as VDub does. I find this significantly smooths the motion. VDub Deint screen:

You cannot view this attachment.

I've been through all the Deinterlacing options in AVIDemux but couldn't understand a lot of them, and may have missed a setting that will give me double frame deinterlacing.

Thanks for any info on this.

szlldm

use Interlacing/dgbob filter.
set mode to Double nb of frames and fps.

Hushpower

Thank you, that's great. Another noob question: the "nb"; should that be "no" (being an abbreviation for "number")?

eumagga0x2a

Yadif is available in Avidemux too, "Field: Temporal & spacial check" outputs a frame per field (i.e. doubles the frame rate).

On Linux either with an NVIDIA graphics card and their closed-source driver or with an Intel GPU, hardware-accelerated deinterlacers (via VDPAU and via VA-API) are available which also allow outputting a frame per field.