News:

--

Main Menu

Issue to correctly open a movie to cut

Started by Rosssiiii, August 04, 2023, 10:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosssiiii

Hello :)

i'm having some issues to open a movie .ts because every time i open it inside Avidemux there are some minutes that are missing...these minutes are correctly reproduced if i use any of other player like VLC, MPC, Windows 10 player.

how can i solve ?

here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjWKCT2PH7A
here in the recording you see some artifacts in the video played on vlc, but in reality the video plays correctly and i play it faster to make a shorter movie for the forum.

but as you can see, when i play it on Avidemux it give me available for editing only a subsequent part of the video and not what should be the beginning of the video itself

szlldm

According to the VLC playback, the video looks damaged. This could be the reason that avidemux chops off damaged parts.
In any case, you should try to use the latest release (or better the last nightly build).

Rosssiiii

Quote from: szlldm on August 04, 2023, 11:31:10 AMAccording to the VLC playback, the video looks damaged. This could be the reason that avidemux chops off damaged parts.
In any case, you should try to use the latest release (or better the last nightly build).
what is the latest release ? i'm using the 2.7.8

as said on VLC looks like is damanged just because i'm fast forwarding it with the keyboard arrow and you see some artefact only in the clip recorded via OBS ... otherwise if I let it play without fast forwarding it plays without problems smoothly and without blocks or artifacts on VLC

eumagga0x2a

Please delete the corresponding index (the idx2 file), start Avidemux (it should be the latest available nightly build for the future 2.8.2 release, 2.7.8 is outright ancient), open the video file, check whether the duration indicated by Avidemux is way shorter than shown by VLC (please also verify visually that the video in Avidemux ends prematurely), then close Avidemux and attach Avidemux log file admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux (you may consistently anonymize paths the log contains) to your reply.

Rosssiiii

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 04, 2023, 12:47:51 PMPlease delete the corresponding index (the idx2 file), start Avidemux (it should be the latest available nightly build for the future 2.8.2 release, 2.7.8 is outright ancient), open the video file, check whether the duration indicated by Avidemux is way shorter than shown by VLC (please also verify visually that the video in Avidemux ends prematurely), then close Avidemux and attach Avidemux log file admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux (you may consistently anonymize paths the log contains) to your reply.

ok i will try with the new version, is safe download the portable version "Download AviDemux 2.8.2 Nightly Portable Windows 64-bit" from here ?
https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviDemux#download

i would prefer to use the portable version

eumagga0x2a

Please either build from source code yourself (which is preferred) or obtain official developer builds from the official source which is https://avidemux.org/nightly/

No responsibility whatsoever taken for third-party builds or third-party uploads to other websites (apart from releases officially uploaded to fosshub and sourceforge).

All Avidemux flavors for Windows are always portable – this is just the question of launching the executable with --portable option or renaming it into avidemux_portable.exe ("portable" means that Avidemux will store its configuration in the program directory, requiring it to be writable). MinGW-compiled builds for Windows (those in the "win64" directory) are also uploaded without an installer as a ZIP archive.

Please be aware that ZIP-packaged builds are NOT portable unless you tell the Avidemux executable to behave as portable the way I explained above.

No matter portable or not – never run multiple builds or even Avidemux instances simultaniously. This is unsupported and can result in crashes and less prominent undesired and unknown behavior.

It is perfectly fine to have any number of same or different Avidemux installations as long as each is placed into its own empty directory.

Rosssiiii

with the new version i have solved the issue, thanks :)