News:

--

Main Menu

Need help with windows 10 GPU encoding please

Started by hssqq, November 15, 2023, 05:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hssqq

My goal is to resize or say scale the video with GPU. I am using Avidemux 2.8.1. I have DXV2 and DXV2 on the top left corner, I choose Nvidia H264, MP3 lame and MP4 muxer.
I do have CUDA installed "Cuda compilation tools, release 12.3, V12.3.52 Build cuda_12.3.r12.3/compiler.33281558_0"

When pressing save button, Avidemux crashs and pops
"Assert failed:n at line 395,file F:\jenkins\workspace\VS2019_no_import\avidemux_core\ADM_coreVideoEncoderlsrc\ADM_coreVideoEncoderFFmpeg.cpp"
Problem happens no matter scale with the filter or not, wiht every Hardware encoder.

I have my Avidemux and video file on D:, and the jenkin something directory doesn't exist at all.

I will be very grateful if someon can point out what's wrong.

hssqq

Quote from: hssqq on November 15, 2023, 05:03:52 PMF:\jenkins\workspace\VS2019_no_import\avidemux_core\ADM_coreVideoEncoderlsrc\ADM_coreVideoEncoderFFmpeg.cpp"
I think the shown filename changes when I choose different encoders, but the program would always crash

sark

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: hssqq on November 15, 2023, 05:03:52 PM"Assert failed:n at line 395,file F:\jenkins\workspace\VS2019_no_import\avidemux_core\ADM_coreVideoEncoderlsrc\ADM_coreVideoEncoderFFmpeg.cpp"

This assert failure (a controlled crash when some condition is not met) means that Avidemux doesn't like the timebase of the source video. Its denominator is likely too high, which often happens with videos created by VLC.

The Solution: insert "Resample FPS" video filter and, when possible, select a standard frame rate most suitable for the particular video.

Using the latest nightly is generally recommended due to numerous fixes for problems found in the 2.8.1 release, but in this case I doubt that it will enough.