Avidemux freezes screen on KDE with Nvidia drivers

Started by teaadmirer, December 05, 2023, 04:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teaadmirer

Screen freeze comes in a couple seconds if a window with a video is open, otherwise the window just hangs there and I can't even kill it. This is the error it keeps producing.
[drm:__nv_drm_gem_nvkas_memory_prime_get_sg_table [nvidia-drm]] *ERROR* [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000100] Cannot create sg_table for NvKmsKapiMemory 0x00000000c933064dI tried different versions from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages?O=0&K=avidemux but the problem is persistent.
I used to work normally with the --platform xcb flag, but I believe an nvidia update ruined it. Wayland version does not work for me.

eumagga0x2a

Just to be sure: Avidemux doesn't work on Wayland. Don't even try. In Qt6 builds, OpenGL is broken on Linux with Qt > 6.3.

teaadmirer

Idk, a friend of mine launched it on wayland and said it worked normally. No flags used. They've got a different GPU though.

eumagga0x2a

If Avidemux works for someone on Wayland (it doesn't for me), it would be valuable to know the details (desktop environment, software versions etc., video output used). If all we can use is the unaccelerated "Qt" output where the CPU does all the scaling and color conversion with video decoded in software only, that is not fun.

In general, Wayland is currently entirely unsupported, quality patches desperately welcome.

teaadmirer

sway 1.8.1 , qt 5.15.11, avidemux 2.8.1 libva 2.20, but they have xwayland so maybe it is just xwayland

teaadmirer

Ok. It works now. I don't know if updates fixed it or what, but I had another program not working and installing lib32-nvidia-utils made it work (it was a 32-bit).