News:

--

Main Menu

German translation

Started by blockx, February 12, 2010, 11:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

English show for [Copy] now  [&Copy] in both Video and Audio Output (GUI)

mean

It is probably being alisased to another menu entry

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 07, 2016, 08:05:25 AM

Is Accelerators in the titles of diaElemTimeStamp shown as "&", don't work actually the same?

Quote from: mean on September 07, 2016, 07:34:52 AM
That one was a bit of a puzzle.
The problem was actually 2 problems :
1- The pro file was outdated and the update script was broken. This is fixed

Is this how all my carefully crafted <location filename="path/to/source/file" line="uint16_t" /> entries were eradicated?

Quote2- Two filters have about the same translation strings, but only one appeared in the pro file due to the above
So you were changing another filter

I was editing the right context (changeFps). The context resampleFps has similar strings, this is true, and I can confirm that the configuration dialog of the "Change FPS" filter shows translations (or lack thereof) from the "Resample FPS" plugin. Is it another Qt bug, that Qt is not able to keep different contexts apart?

QuoteBoth are hopefully fixed now

No, but the issue is locally not visible due to new translations I added to the resampleFps context (it will be in the next i18n-de update).

mean

The thing is the qt_update.sh script rescans the source file(s) and collects them for translatable string and adds entry to the ts files
It's better not to do  it manually , else it will be erased at next update

mean

I can revert the avidemux_de.ts file, but it will come back at a later point

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mean on September 07, 2016, 05:27:40 PM
I can revert the avidemux_de.ts file, but it will come back at a later point

No, please don't (if necessary I can always checkout an earlier revision of the file), as I've been warned now... However, if the script could add the references to the code on its own it would be really handy. They are extraordinary helpful for verifying the validity of translations in code. Otherwise I find myself grepping the source all the time.

mean

That should be the case, but something does not work

mean

Should be better now, sorry for the merges

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 07, 2016, 08:05:25 AM
This is normal again.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mean on September 07, 2016, 06:37:22 PM
Should be better now, sorry for the merges

Awesome, thanks!

The next update for the German translation is attached.

eumagga0x2a

This time an update almost (except of the description for the ssa filter) finalises the German translation for video filters and touches a couple of other areas (muxers, quota dialog etc.). The patch "i18n-de-update-2016-09-15.patch" adds 149 new and modifies 82 pre-existing translations.

Unfortunately, all Qt provided translations for "Cancel", "Open" etc. labels on buttons are MIA. No idea why, the qt_de.ts file seems to contain all necessary translations.

mean

eumagga0x2a

My apologies, I realized that I forgot to translate the update notification in the last i18n-de update. If the ship has sailed, then yeah, I'm too late. Otherwise the mini-patch

diff --git a/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_de.ts b/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_de.ts
index 3b08ac5..6f543fc 100644
--- a/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_de.ts
+++ b/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_de.ts
@@ -14078,7 +14078,7 @@ Please delete the idx2 file and reopen.</source>
     <message>
         <location line="-1301"/>
         <source>&lt;b&gt;New version available&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt; Version %1&lt;br&gt;Released on %2.&lt;br&gt;You can download it here&lt;br&gt; &lt;a href=&apos;%3&apos;&gt;%3&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;small&gt; You can disable autoupdate in preferences.&lt;/small&gt;</source>
-        <translation type="unfinished"></translation>
+        <translation>&lt;b&gt;Neue Version verfügbar&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;Version %1&lt;br&gt;Freigegeben am %2.&lt;br&gt;Das Update kann hier heruntergeladen werden:&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&apos;%3&apos;&gt;%3&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;small&gt;Sie können automatische ÃÅ"berprüfung auf Updates in Einstellungen deaktivieren.&lt;/small&gt;</translation>
     </message>
     <message>
         <location line="+788"/>

is attached (tested with a local "update server").

By the way, due to the string for the date coming directly from the content of "update_for_(Linux|Win(32|64)).html" file it is not localized, and the US date format (is it meant to be the US date format?) is very confusing for Germans who write month and day in the opposite order. It is twice as confusing if such date string is embedded into a German text. Maybe using the ISO date format like 2016-02-09 instead?

(Of course, serving an unsigned file over unencrypted connection suggesting user to click on a link can never go wrong...)

mean

I sense a bit of irony
The only way it could be dangerous is :
1- Taking control of avidemux.org
2- Overriding local DNS

Both are more of a problem by themselves, unless i'm missing something

eumagga0x2a

Yes, sure. Any MITM could be an issue too, but really, to have a way to let user know about a new release is a big improvement on its own, even if it doesn't meet standards of players like Mozilla etc.