HD .ts files won't convert to working MPG

Started by SueEllen, May 10, 2011, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueEllen

I am able to load an .ts file that was recorded from a HD TV channel and save it as an Mpeg TS muxer (ff). But when I try to stream the file to Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 media center says, "Format not supported..unable to play video".

In Avidemux 2.5 I can save it as Mpeg PS format and it then actually streams to Xbox 360, but the Mpg plays OUT OF SYNC on the Xbox 360 when streaming. 

So that's why I wanted to try this experimental version 2.6, but when I try to save the file as "Mpeg-PS muxer (ff), I get this error message:

[MISMATCH] bad width/height for DVD. MUXER cannot open. Failed to save file.....

What can I do?

Agent_007

Press configure under Output format, and select Muxing Format: Free.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

SueEllen

I use NextPVR to record a few HD TV channels and I have been looking for a program to convert my HD TS files into MPG files for weeks, and all of them were streaming the MPG files OUT OF SYNC to the Xbox 360 and MOST programs could not handle HD ts files to begin with.  Even the Avidemux 2.5 creates OUT OF SYNC MPG files for me.

But Avidemux 2.6 seems to work well for a few seconds, but it then starts to get jerky and the video slowly dies.

The recording starts fine, but after short while into playing the MPG, the sound still works fine, but the video begins getting really choppy and slow frame rate and the video goes out of sync.  Why does this happen and is there a solution?

mean

Does it play well on the PC with vlc for example ?

SueEllen

No it won't play on VLC either. It starts out OK, but after a short time, the sound is still playing normally, but the video stalls and stops and freezes.

Avidemux 2.6 works great on all my SD ts channel recordings, but it cannot handle the HD ts channel recordings it seems.

mean

i would need a sample of the captured file so that i can reproduce the problem

SueEllen

I am on wireless broadband with monthly quota and unable to send a large HD ts file.

But all you need to do is download NextPVR and record a HD channel and then run it through Avidemux and you will see it starts off OK but slowly the video dies and freezes up.

mean

my HD channels are H264+EAC3
I believe yours are mpeg 2 ?

SueEllen

I live in Sydney Australia and the 2 channels are ONE and GEM and when if I run them through ProjectX, it outputs an .AC3 audio file, so I assume the channels are the same as yours.

I did another test last night.  I recorded a HD channel using NextPRV, saves it as .ts.

I then ran it through Avidemux 2.6 and the output MPG file plays perfectly and in sync for about 2-3 minutes, and then all of a sudden the video frame rate begins to drop dramatically and eventually freeze, but the sound keeps going.

What do you think is causing that to happen?

mean

Could be a muxing issue
It if plays ok with vlc, that would confirm

SueEllen

It doesn't play properly in VLC either.  It begins OK and then slowly the frame rates gets slower and slower and the video just dies.

It happens in Media Player and VLC.

mean

I would need the stdout.txt created when you generate the file

SueEllen

I cannot attach the "stdout.txt" file to this message.  I zipped it and it's 720KB in size, but your forum says this:

Your file is too large. The maximum attachment size allowed is 192 KB.

Where can I send it?

Agent_007

Pastebins are good options for large log files. If you want to share the zip file, then use megaupload or similar service.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

SueEllen

Here is the stdout as requested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R2UBVEMQ

Reminder:  I used NextPVR to record a HD TV channel which saves is as .ts. I then imported the .ts into Avidemux and chose Mpeg-PS muxer (ff) - FREE, and the file saved as an .MPG

I then played the MPG in Media Centre and VLC and the MPG plays fine and normal for around 1 minute, but then the video dies, becomes jerky and laggy and frame rates drop and drop and eventually the video on screen freezes, but the sound keeps playing normal.

NOTE: This only happens with 2 HD channels...all the other SD channel .ts files convert fine in Avidemux.