News:

--

Main Menu

job/queue system

Started by Wicked0ne, August 03, 2011, 03:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked0ne

Was the queue system removed? I see this: http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:joblist ...and i dont see those options. I see a file -> quque..which ive tried doing and it prompts me for a name and output file...which ive tried to edit 2 videos and add them to the queue...but i do not see anywhere to see whats in the queue...or how to execute whats in the queue and have it start encoding.

mean

Wicked0ne

ah. awesome. I was looking in the gui only. Thanks!

ertzel

HI Folks,
I know this is quite an old topic but I only want to know, how to start the joblist in Windows? There is no Problem with the 2.5 Versions but whether in 2.6 32bit nor in 64 bit I have a Joblist to start. I even tried to run the command in the commandline, but windows donÃ,´t know anything about such a command (what a surprise!).
Hope anybody there to enlight me!  ;)
Greetz
Erich

Jan Gruuthuse

Check the properties of avidemux for its location. Check in the that folder if there is a avidemux3_jobs.exe. If not download from nightly your win 32 or 64-bit version of avidemux 2.6 @ http://avidemux.org/nightly/

ertzel

You are the best!
The .exe was there, I didn`t have the idea to look up there, shame on me!
I will try it instantly!
Best wishes
Erich

ertzel

It doesn`t work! Can`t add Job xxx!  >:(
If I save it with the same proberties, there is no problem!
Any suggestions?

mean

Could you detail what the problem is ?

ertzel

I press Strg U for adding Job, give a name for the job and a target for the file and press Save.
It tells me "Can`t add job xxx", nothing else. Queue is empty, no other instance running. I use Avidemux 2.6 64bit, on Win7 Professional 64bit. What else do you need?

Jan Gruuthuse

Is there not a user/program restriction where you can save in windows 7, even worse in windows 8?
Make a folder on harddisk c:\Job or d:\Job and save there? Still problems: Right-Click on avidemux applications (.exe) and select Properties. See if you can run these permanently as administrator. If that does not help, run avidemux programs in compatibility mode.

ps: Strg U would be [alt gr][U]

ertzel

first thougt this was it, because with Administrator rights it worked to queue some films. But every film failed when I run the Joblist (I started it also as Admin). Here the Log from one film:
[refreshList] Found 10 jobs
[spawnProcess] Starting <avidemux3_qt4.exe>
[spawnProcess] 0 : --nogui
[spawnProcess] 1 : --slave 52594
[spawnProcess] 2 : --run "C:\Users\erich\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs\\entdecker.py"
[spawnProcess] 3 : --save "J:/Filme/Es_war_einmal_Erfinder_und_Entdecker.avi"
[spawnProcess] 4 : --quit
[spawnProcess] =>avidemux3_qt4.exe --nogui  --slave 52594 --run "C:\Users\erich\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs\\entdecker.py"  --save "J:/Filme/Es_war_einmal_Erfinder_und_Entdecker.avi"  --quit
[spawnProcess] ==================== Start of spawner process job ================
[spawnProcess] Cannot spawn process! (avidemux3_qt4.exe --nogui  --slave 52594 --run "C:\Users\erich\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs\\entdecker.py"  --save "J:/Filme/Es_war_einmal_Erfinder_und_Entdecker.avi"  --quit )
[spawnChild] Spawning successfull
[waitForConnect] Select failed
[runOneJob] No connect

Isias

I can confirm this problem persists for 2.6.1 on Windows 7 using Avidemux 2.6.1 x64 build. It's possible to add a job to the list, but once you start them, the process bar pops up for about 3 to 5 seconds, then it closes and sets the status to "failed". The avidemux_jobs.exe is in place. This error occurs wether if you run the .exe with or without adminstrative rights. Encoding the same file with the same settings directly without using the queue works fine.

mean

The official release does not contain avidemux_cli + the program expects executable with a different name
It has been partially fixed in the nightly
http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win32
There is still an issue regarding the status

Isias

I downloaded Avideumx 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 from Avidemux.razorbyte.com.au. Are those unofficial builds? avidemux_cli.exe is a part of this download. This is what i get after a download and installation of 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 (x64 .exe):

The nightly build looks like it's the same:

But thanks for clarification that there is a problem, i thought i was doing something wrong. I can't find an avidemux3_jobs.exe in no build, so i'll wait for an update that reenables queuing and "As Input" for  Pixel Aspect Ratio in Output 1 :- )

mean

Seems ok on the win32 nightly build starting r8343
http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win32

Dont use the qt4 version though