Author Topic: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy  (Read 7875 times)

hinterwaeldler

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »
hi there,

as i don't like the behaviour, that it's only possible to start only one instance of avsproxy connection i changed the source code accordingly to allow to change the port.

until now i have not figured out how to use the translation files accordingly, so this part is still missing (QR_TR_NOOP is the part isn't it?). maybe someone could help me out.
in addition i think it would be nice, if you're able to change the used port each time you call "connect to avisynth", so i append a configuration to allow this. but the implementation part of the gui is still missing. hope i could do this the next days.
a command line parameter is already able to do this.

the appended file is the patch based on a simple git diff. hope this is the correct way to submit a patch

hope you like this too :)
excuse my bad english

hinterwaeldler

ps. the bootstrap.bash file should be change to not delete the last generated source (at least i think so) and use a parralel behaviour which depends on the users cpu:
'$(echo $(grep MHz /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l) +1 | bc)'
only a quick hack but a large speed up during compiling :)

/€ edit says 2 little bugs not seen, corrected now
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:32:50 PM by hinterwaeldler »

hinterwaeldler

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:13:47 AM »
hi again,

after found some time i have modified svn version of 2.5 too.

hinterwaeldler

mean

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10919
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »
I missed that post
Could you resend the patch ?

hinterwaeldler

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »
sry for the delay, was a bit out of time.
Patch for both version appended.

The localization part is still missing, but hope this is easy to fix, as i don't know how to do this.

The patch for version 2.6 allows to load avisynth files from command line, which was not possible before (as described http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:avsproxy

soai71

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
Hi,
I download the patch but how can I set it up on avidexmux 2.6.4 windows ? Then how can I change the avs proxy port ?
Thanks

AQUAR

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 985
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »
Good question?

Avidemux lets you set the port it will connect too for receiving avisynth.
Its preset to 9999 as AVSproxy binds to this port by default.

How can you change the port AVSproxy binds too?
Is there a new parameter option.

AQUAR

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 985
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
After looking at this a bit more it seems to me that you have to modify and recompile avsproxy for it to use another port.
Having an "avisynth port setting" in avidemux is therefore very targeted to a few users that can create versions of avsproxy/portXXXXX.

More practical for other users would be to modify the avsproxy source code to allow endusers to specify the port as a command line parameter option on avsproxy.exe.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:33:37 AM by AQUAR »

hinterwaeldler

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: Allow to change the used port to connect to avsproxy
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »
Sry for not answering for so long, but haven't been here for a while...
As i was confused as it should have been worked right at the begining, it was possible all the time, using the --port NUMBER as command line parameter. At least it worked all the time using wine.

The change does not take the GUI into account, thats true and i think still not solved