2.5.4 under Win7: individual files OK, batch crash

Started by aviphil87, February 01, 2014, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviphil87

Dear all,

I have been using 2.5.4 since it was released, for me it is the latest stable version. Subsequent versions I tried did lack one or more of the 2.5.4 features so I did not keep them.

I have to migrate under Win7 due to the abandonment of WinXP. The installation of 2.5.4 under Win7 works well, but not its behavior (my unique usage is opening .mpg files and convert them into MPEG-4 AVC):

a) for each .mpg file I open it says "Looks like .mpg do you want to index it", while opening the very same files under WinXP does not display the message,

b) after opening a file and applying filters, if I File/Save the .mp4, the conversion works well, the resulting file plays fine,

c) if instead I create a batch job, when I save the job it says Crash. However, a job is created in the Jobs directory. If I open the Joblist the job is there in the list, but when I want to Run All Jobs, or Run Selected Job, whichever, 2.5.4 crash.

Below is the content of the crash.js file. That's right, it ends at the Video Codec line. What did I do wrong?

Thank you,

-----------------------------
//AD  <- Needed to identify//
//--automatically built--
//--Project: C:\Users\Nohack\AppData\Roaming\avidemux/crash.js

var app = new Avidemux();

//** Video **
// 01 videos source
app.load("filename.mpg.idx");
//01 segments
app.clearSegments();
app.addSegment(0,0,6539);
app.markerA=0;
app.markerB=6538;
app.rebuildIndex();

//** Postproc **
app.video.setPostProc(3,3,0);

app.video.fps1000 = 25000;

//** Filters **
app.video.addFilter("deinterlace","motion_trigger=15","blend_trigger=9");
app.video.addFilter("crop","left=4","right=4","top=4","bottom=4");
app.video.addFilter("resize","w=1280","h=720","algo=0");

//** Video Codec conf **
-----------------------------

mean

For the 1st one it is probably a preference settings
What features are you lacking in 2.6.7 ?