Avidemux 2.6.8 crash when transcoding to multichannel AAC

Started by gmureddu, August 10, 2014, 10:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmureddu

Hi all, I tried my best to find a remotely similar problem to the one I am experiencing with Avidemux currently, sorry if I miserably failed and this is a duplicate.

Description of the problem

I am trying to backup a fairly old DVD into MP4 and the idea would be to be able to play it on my PlayStation 3. This is a disk which sports five audio tracks and given up on other tools to perform the transcode (for lack of options, mainly) I ended up backin up the structure to disk and hoped to use Avidemux to actually peform the VOB to MP4 conversion, but I stumbled into a problem: I cannot set the output file to have the audio in AAC format and retain all the channels (5.1 AC3). So the first pass goes all OK, but as soon as it tries to write the file I get a crash: (the dialog shows as much)

Segfault
at line 0, file ??ADM_backTrack

avcodec_free_frame
AUDMEncoder_Lavcodec_AAC::~AUDMEncoder_Lavcodec_AAC()
AUDMEncoder_Lavcodec_AAC::~AUDMEncoder_Lavcodec_AAC()
audioCreateEncodingStream(EditableAudioTrack*, bool, unsigned long)
A_saveAudioProcessed(char const*)
A_audioSave(char const*)
ADM_QT4_fileSel::GUI_FileSelWrite(char const*, void (*)(char const*))
HandleAction_Save(Action)
HandleAction(Action)
MainWindow::searchMenu(QAction*, MenuEntry*, int)
QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**)
QMenu::triggered(QAction*)

QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**)
QAction::triggered(bool)
QAction::activate(QAction::ActionEvent)

I see no other file other than crash.py files pertaining the crash, under ~/.avidemux6/ which reads:

Editor.closeVideo();
Editor.openVideo("/rikers/Proyectos/MOVIE/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB");
Editor.segments.clear()
Editor.segments.add(0, 5747337654, 0);
Editor.setMarkers(0, 5747337654);

Editor.currentVideoEncoder = CopyVideoEncoder;
Editor.audioOutputs.clear();

audioOutput = new LavaacAudioEncoder();
Editor.audioOutputs.add(0, audioOutput);
Editor.audioOutputs[0].mixer = AudioOutput.MixerMode.ThreeFrontTwoRearLfeMix;
Editor.audioOutputs[0].drcEnabled = false;
Editor.audioOutputs[0].timeShift = 0;

Editor.currentMuxer = Mp4Muxer;

Next time I try to open Avidemux it detects the crash, loads the project and crashes again if I try to save it or save only the sound. However, if I downmix the audio into stereo, it does indeed work.

My Setup

Software consists of a fully up-to-date installation of Fedora 20, running the 3.15.8 kernel; pulseaudio 5.0; Cinnamon 2.2.14 desktop.
Avidemux is version 2.6.8 installed from the repoitories.

Just to reiterate, saving audio as stereo does work, keeping the mix (selecting remix→ no change in the audio filters), and setting the codec as AAC does not, and all the times I tried to select any of the multichannel options in conjunction with AAC I get the crash. Am I missing something or is this indeed a bug?