News:

--

Main Menu

Blend between images in Resample FPS

Started by Christophe, December 26, 2016, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christophe

Hi all,

I just upgraded to avidemux 2.6 and I don't find one of my favorite features.
I have a sequence of images that I want to display with a framerate of 1 frame per sec. Then I used to resample it to 25 images per seconds with linear interpolation between images. I don't find the option to resample with interpolation in the 2.6 Resample FPS filter.
Is it completely gone or is there another plugin that can do the job?

The wiki still mention the option though: https://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:video_filter_resample_fps
QuoteThere is an optional parameters to blend the images, it will give smoother image but less clean and harder to encode.
I believe the option was "use_linear", and it is commented (in a pragma "if 0") in the code.

Thank you!

Jan Gruuthuse

Perhaps combining filter will do?
With loaded video and in Video Output a selected codec like [Mpeg4 AVC (x264)].
Select in [Filters]
- Transform: Resample FPS: change [Custom to 25 (PAL)
- Interlacing: Libavdec Deinterlacers: select Deinterlacing: [Linear interpolate]

Test with a small video sample duration.
Try different order of filter: right click on active filter and select move up or move down.
See if this helps?

Christophe

I tried but it doesn't give the result I want (a linear interpolation during 24 frames) and I don't really understand how Libavdec Deinterlacer could do an interpolation during 24 frames. If I understand correctly it only interpolate 2 successive frames?
To make it clear, what I expect as a result is for 3 images called Image_1, Image_2 and Image_3:
Frame 1 : Image_1
Frame 26 : Image_2
Frame 51 : Image_3

Frame 2 to 25 : linear interpolation between Image_1 and Image_2 (the closer to frame 25 the closer to Image_2)
Frame 27 to 50 : linear interpolation between Image_2 and Image_3 (the closer to frame 50 the closer to Image_3)

Resample FPS used to do that very simply (with "use_linear" and from 2 fps to 25 fps)

Did I miss something in your idea of using Libavdec Deinterlacer that could do this?

eumagga0x2a

There is a big chunk of dead code in resampleFps::getNextFrame in https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/master/avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/resampleFps/ADM_vidResampleFPS.cpp which should have implemented linear blending as it seems.

mean

Christophe

Yes that is what I was mentioning in my original message, the code for this option is commented. Is there a reason for that? It looks like it is commented out from the first commit on gitub (2010) but I am 100% sure I used this option before, in an earlier version of avidemux. I guess the code was somewhere else back then.

Edit: I found it uncommented here: https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/451ef26513a62da225ccad9fb95930293e049b8a/avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters/ResampleFps/ADM_vidResampleFPS.cpp so it got removed when it moved from one folder to the other.

Is there a reason for this option to be commented out? I would love to see it back in avidemux, it can be really useful!