--

Main Menu

Couple of questions from a new user

Started by musterfox, July 15, 2017, 09:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musterfox

Hi all.

New to Avidemux. Just have 2 questions.

1) is it possible to force avidemux to always have "Output Format" set to "mp4 Muxer" instead of "Avi Muxer" on startup?

2) is there some way (via a script maybe?) to have Avidemux pick up several serially numbered consecutive files automatically?

For example, if I have 10 files named "1.mp4", "2.mp4", "3.mp4" all the way to "10.mp4" in a directory, is there any way to tell avidemux to "auto load" all consecutively named files in proper sequence? At the moment I have to drag and drop the individually which is a pain.

Any advice appreciated.

eumagga0x2a

1) Yes, the option is right there in the "Edit" menu (Ctrl+Alt+D). It saves the currently selected video encoder and muxer so they are loaded automatically on startup. Audio settings and video/audio filters are not preserved.

2) Avidemux behaves exactly this way appending consecutively named files with TS (transport stream), but AFAIR this is implemented in the MpegTS demuxer only. Have you tried to select several videos and drag&drop them onto Avidemux window? Do they get appended in the logical order?

I assume you use at least the last release 2.6.20 (2.6.21 just for win64), better the latest nightly. BTW, the current nightly builds default to MKV instead of AVI on a pristine install.

musterfox