News:

--

Main Menu

Subtile regarding

Started by Danny_Jobsingh, October 22, 2017, 10:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_Jobsingh

I have been using avidemux for a while and the features in it are very easy to use and user friendly.But recently I wanted to hardcode the subtitles to the video.

The subtitler converts any srt to ssa or ass file to encode it but the subtitles donot sync with the video, that is the converted subtitle doesnot sync with the video eventhough the srt syncs with the video. Adding the option to directly add the srt file will be helpful.

Also some video files have subtitles within the video therefore it is very hard to extract the subtitle of each video and adding it in avidemux.
Instead the subtitles available for the file can be shown so that it can be easily hardcoded to the video file.
Requesting you to kindly change these in the upcoming versions.

AQUAR

Avidemux is described as a simple video editor.

You need to OCR these embedded subtitles to create an srt file with subtitle text.
Well outside the boundaries for a simple video editor.

Google subtitle workshop, as that free program might help you with extracting subtitles within the video.

Not tried to burn SRT subtitles into video for a long time (I much prefer to keep them separate).
IIRC I never had any sync issues.

Is the sync issue just a fixed time offset?

Danny_Jobsingh

Actually if the subtitle is in ssa format there is no sync problems but when the srt file is added converter converts the srt to ssa format there is a sync problem which I think is of the same time offset which is why giving the option of adding srt file might be easy.

Also I wanted to know about hardcoding the muxed subtitle that is in the video from mkv files generally and not extract a hardcoded subtitle out from the video.

Is there any possibilities that these changes can be done??

AQUAR

Hardcoding means blending the video information and subtitle information together.
As you already know - that means recoding with the subtitle filter in the chain.
ADM has no other subtitling features AFAIK ie it just deals with audio and video.

Purely thinking out of the box without looking at the issue (lack of time - but others might!).
With srt conversion to ssa the fixed time out of sync issue might be related to an audio delay wrt video.
ADM might not allow for that like a media player.
Maybe look at the info for the media file in mediainfo and see if there is an audio delay and if that correlates with your issue.

"Soft coded" subtitles are separate subtitle tracks multiplexed with the other video/audio tracks.
These maybe text based or picture based (SRT, SSA, sub etc).
It requires a compatible container (one that allows sub title tracks to be multiplexed).
You need to demultiplex the media to extract these subtitle tracks (not avidemux).
A very popular container is MKV and there is a program suite called MKV toolnix (free) that can do all that.

If ADM messes up the sub title display times in the conversion from SRT to SSA then one of the authors might look at that.
Probably need to provide some samples.

Danny_Jobsingh

The subtitles sync fine when it is added as direct ssa but when the converter converts it to ssa it doesnot sync properly also I asked about adding subtitle from source file ie. from the video that is to be converted which is available in vidcoder I guess instead of searching it.

AQUAR

You are repeating yourself instead of digesting the replies.

Demux to get the sub using an appropriate demuxer tool and use the ADM filter to burn it into the video (if SSA or SRT!).
If not SSA or SRT use other third party tools to convert to SSA or SRT.
If already burned in and you want an SRT you need to OCR it.

Time delay issue:
See above if you can determine the shift, and if so apply the shift to the SRT entries with a subtitle tool.
If a bug in the SRT 2 SSA converter then its up to the authors to respond. 

You need to build a suite of free tools to do a variety of video processing items that are not included in a simple video editor like ADM.

Danny_Jobsingh

Ok I understand Thank you for your patience