News:

--

Main Menu

2.6.0 for Win without all coders

Started by macduke, September 26, 2012, 07:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macduke

Hi.
I've downloaded 2.6.0 and I'm sad to see  that xviD coder (labelled "MPEG4-ASP (Xvid)" in 2.5.6-1) is not available anymore.... there's another xviD with very few setting...
Moreover I see 2 "Mpeg4 AVC (x264)" coders with the second one without any configuration available...
Too early final delivery?

Jan Gruuthuse

It should be there? It is in Linux anyway. What version of avidemux 2.6 did you install and from where did you download it?

macduke

Downloaded 2.6.0  zip version from http://avidemux-mswin.sourceforge.net/

And yes, the label is there but if you configure it you see "xvid260.gif".
Up to 2.5.6-1 you can configure as "xvid256.gif" (sorry for the language: by the way were could I revert it to english?).

Bu the way I see that the coders in the main slider are a little bit different (see the duplicated "Mpeg4 AVC x264" with the second one not configurable).

styrol

Quote from: macduke on September 26, 2012, 02:49:41 PM
by the way were could I revert it to english?).
Try the following (it worked in earlier versions of Avidemux):
Quit Avidemux.
Go to to folder "i18n" in your avidemux directory: Rename the files "avidemux_it.qm" and "qt_it.qm" to "renamed_avidemux_it.qm" and "renamed_qt_it.qm"?
Reopen Avidemux.

Or try this.

Jan Gruuthuse

When you select Video output, then you need to select configure: see attachment.
If that fails, select download from here: http://avidemux.org/nightly/
If that still fails and you tried 64-bit version try with 32-bit version: please report back so developers know what is going on.

macduke

Hi.
No difference with "nightly" latest version (8196).

"x264" setting is there as Jan posted but I would use xviD as up to 2.5.6-1.

I don't want to bother the developers but "x264" is not strictly "xviD". Moreover I wouldn't de-interlace my source and in x264 the "interlaced" setting is not activable...

Finally I would highlight to the developers that in Win version there's a replicated selection for "x264" with the second one not configurable at all (please have a look at main260.gif screenshot in my previous post).

Thanks.

Jan Gruuthuse

xvid would be in Video Output: MPEG4 ASP (xvid4)
deinterlace would be available in [Filters]:
Interlacing: Kernel Dint., libavdec Deinterlacers, vdpauDeint

the x264 double appearance is most likely a leftover from previous installs, can't find the developers posting on this issue.

macduke

xviD coder in 2.6.0 is completely different (at least in the configuration) from 2.5.6-1.

And I don't install avidemux, but instead unzip in a dedicated directory: the double x264 is a real mistake in Win version.

But it seems that the 2.6.x will remains with currents 2.6.x strange (in my opinion, of course) coders. Unfortunately that's is useless for me.

I'll continue to enjoy 2.5.6-1 version.

uefeet

I can confirm the "double x264" issue, with a fresh install on Windows 64-bit.

In the plugins/videoEncoders folder I find both "libADM_ve_x264_qt4.dll" and "libADM_ve_x264_other.dll".

I12learn

why developers didn't opt for stock libraries?

mean

One if for qt4, one is for any interface