News:

--

Main Menu

Help with gaps please.

Started by Gandalf, May 08, 2013, 07:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

When I try to combine two or more video files with Avidemux, I notice a gap between them, how do I eliminate that gap (I'm currently using version 2.5.6)?

Jan Gruuthuse

Visual gap at the join?
Load video. Goto gap. With copy for both Video and Audio Output. Select start cut of gap with up down keyboard arrow only. Mark location with [A ]. Select end cut of gap with up down keyboard arrow only. Mark location with [  B]. with simultaneous keypress: [Ctrl][X]. The gap should now been cut out of the clip. Now save as new video. Check end result.

Gandalf

It's primarily an audio gapthat I want to close. Unfortunately what has me now somewhat confused is when you said "Load video. Goto gap. With copy for both Video and Audio Output. Select start cut of gap with up down keyboard arrow only.". Would you please clarify third part of? that for me

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Gandalf on May 08, 2013, 07:42:58 PM
>8>8  I notice a gap between them >8>8
Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on May 09, 2013, 07:35:42 AM
Visual gap at the join? >8>8>
The gap is not visual. You speak of gap, where is gap? goto gap? Never mind.
What do you understand as audio gap?

Gandalf

I would like to post a sample clip that has the gap in it so that you can see and hear for yourself and decide, but the clip in question is about 20mb in size.

Jan Gruuthuse

Upload to web service and provide a public available downlink to it. Rapidshare.com or any similar service.