News:

--

Main Menu

What can I do about half pictures?

Started by Spellbinder, May 20, 2013, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spellbinder

I noticed some strange flickers in one of my video sources. I took a closer look with avidemux and saw that the frames in questions had the top half of the frame of the next frame and the lower half of the frame still the old frame.

Can someone give me some advice how to handle this? Is there some filter that can correct this?

Jan Gruuthuse

Interleaved that goes wrong? Have you tried with 2.5.6. Most likely you need an expert to have a look at sample of video and see if there is a solution or revert to original source video. I'm not that expert.

Spellbinder

I found a Avisynth plugin that might do the trick: Srestore

Problem is I have no experience with Avisynth. Is there a way to use this plugin directly in Avidemux?

Jan Gruuthuse

if you have avisynth script? There is now a avsfilter (avisynth) available in avidemux 2.6.4 under Miscellaneous.

Spellbinder

BTW. Here is an example of a "damaged" frame: http://rapidshare.com/files/1046486240/Damaged%20Frame.jpg

The lower half seems to be the same as the frame before it. But the top part is not from the next frame as I thought before. It seems to be a completle new frame. It just did not "loaded" completly.

My goal is to find a filter/script that detects this type of frames and removes them from the video (or replaces them with the frame before or after). I see no other option.

Spellbinder

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on May 22, 2013, 11:49:07 AM
if you have avisynth script? There is now a avsfilter (avisynth) available in avidemux 2.6.4 under Miscellaneous.

I downloaded the latest nightly. There are only "Dummy" and "PrintInfo" under Miscellaneous.

Jan Gruuthuse

That picture looks indeed nasty, that is not an interpolation that went wrong. Looks more like an encoding accident? Weird it is.
Think it should be there for all OS? Perhaps developer can confirm.
r8696 and r8700 ubuntu 64-bit: