Incorrect framerate detection in ts?

Started by grau, October 29, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grau

Hi,

I am using avidemux 2.6.6 64-bit on win 7-64bit. It seems that it has problems getting the frame rate of my ts correct. Mediainfo shows

10sec.ts:
Frame rate                               : 50.000 fps

I open this ts file, select Mpeg4 AVC (x264), set the IDC level to 4 and save it. Mediainfo shows the following lines for the resulting file:

10sec-4.0.mp4:
Original frame rate                      : 100.000 fps

Now I add the filter "Change FPS", asking it to change the FPS from PAL50 to PAL50, leaving everything else unchanged and save it again. Mediainfo shows the following (no original frame rate):

10sec-4.0-filter-pal50-to-pal50.mp4:

The first mp4 file does NOT play on my Sharp TV (Well, it only plays the sound, but not the video). It does play in GOM and VLC on win 7. The second file plays on my Sharp TV. I noticed that the file sizes differ quite a bit, 7.2 MB vs 9.6 MB.

I created a zip with all 3 files and put it here: http://www.putlocker.com/file/676CDFBE65FAD160

Anyone has any idea why avidemux doesn't seem to get the framerate detection right when demuxing the ts?
Can anyone explain the substantial difference in size caused by adding a filter that shouldn't really do anything (PAL50 to PAL50 should be a no-op)?

Please let me know if you need any further information to analyse this problem.

Thanx and best regards,

Guenther

mean

Is it a file you indexed with an older version ?

grau

Hi,

first of all, thanx for looking into this. :-) Now to your question: No, the index was created with 2.6.6.
Here's some more details. Originally, I used a ts file recorded with my PVR (technisat k2-hd), a dvb-c hd recorder. The recording was made of a non encrypted hd program. If I open this file directly in avidemux, it behaves as described above.
I didn't have a small sample PVR ts file to upload, so I used TS Doctor to extraxt the first 10 seconds of a longer pvr ts recording (cut a i-frames, no remuxing). When opened and remuxed in avidemux as described above, the 10 second sample yields the same result as opening the original, longer pvr ts file.
This was all done today, using 2.6.6 64bit on win 7. No other or older versions of avidemux involved.

Btw., remuxing the ts file with handbrake works fine and the result can be played on my sharp tv. If I remember correctly, the resulting file only shows 50 frames/sec, and no original frame rate of 100.

Best regards,

Guenther

mean

s3rg3

mean

Did not have time to look into it, but i suspect the TS file says it is 100 fps and the h264 inside says it is 50
(or half, you get the idea)