Using AVIdemux GUI menu items in scripts??

Started by EEMcGee, November 02, 2013, 07:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEMcGee

Is there a way to use/access  the Gui menu items in a custom script to be put in the custom menu?  I have been looking through source code but don't really know where if anyplace to find the function or command calls.

mean

You can do (some) GUI operations from a python script
There are some samples here :

http://svn.berlios.de/viewvc/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean/autononreg/py/?pathrev=8949

The VCD/SVCD auto ones are made that way

EEMcGee

It looks like I need to use something like getPythonScriptEngine().  But it probably isn't set up to be able to call in a script file.
I found this section of code in the source files that looks like it is for saving py scripts.

engine=getPythonScriptEngine();
                if(!engine)
                {
                    GUI_Error_HIG("No engine","tinyPy script is not enabled in this build");
                    break;
                }
                char fileName[1024];
                if(FileSel_SelectWrite("Saving tinypy project",fileName,1000, NULL))
                {
                        int l=strlen(fileName);
                        if(l>3)
                        {
                            char *tail=fileName+l-3;
                            if(tail[0]!='.'|| tail[1]!='p'|| tail[2]!='y')
                                strcat(fileName,".py");
                        }
                        A_saveScript(engine, fileName);
                }
                 break;

EEMcGee

I think Avidemux really needs quick save buttons for saving the currently open file.
One would be for saving with the currently open file name with the currently selected muxing container file extension;
the other for saving as project with the currently opened files name.

That would speed things up alot.  I assume most people want a transcoded  or project files name to be the same as the currently opened files name.