News:

--

Main Menu

File size limit

Started by Henri48, February 12, 2014, 11:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henri48

Hello,
I just want to cut trailers from both ends of a large TS file.
Settings : Video and Audio output set to Copy. Output format set to Mpeg TS Muxer.
Saving of the the result is not complete. Seems to always abort at around 3 835 000 Kb or 1:25:00 duration.
Is there a size limit?
Am running under Windows 8.1 64 bits
Thanks for your help.

Spellbinder

I dont know if the MPEG container has a size limit, but certain old file systems are limited to files smaller than 4GB (like FAT32 for example).

Henri48

The disk file system is NTFS! Can therefore access files greater than 4Go. My TS file is around 8Go.
Seems that the problem lies with Avidemux, although I can't be certain.
Thanks.

AQUAR

AFAIK only the standard AVI container has a 4GB limit.
With NTFS and Mpeg TS (being a transport stream) there should not be a size restriction.

Maybe its a time stamp kind of issue?

Henri48

Managed to save my Mpeg TS file with trailers cut at both ends in an AVI container of about 7Go. The process is far slower than with a Ã,« straight copy Ã,». I lost the subtitles in this process. I do not need any format conversion, just need to cut unwanted trailers.
A workaround : so far I managed to cut the trailers from new recorded streams, before joining them with a dos command. The first and last streams, both small, were edited succesfully with Avidemux. I then proceeded with joining them. Frustrating.
The problem I imagine lies with Avidemux.

zakk

Use ProjectX: the best free mpeg-2 software I know.